Tue, Oct 22, 1:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: My very first Poser animation :)

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 5:51 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:52 PM

Attached Link: Animation (DivX)

Heya all, this is my very first animation ... made in Poser and postwork in Photo Shop for the blade. Please be patience with me ... I have to learn much about animation :) I hope you like it Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 6:23 AM

I'm also developing my use of Poser animation so I understand what you are going through. I'd say you have made a very good start.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 6:30 AM

thank you Phil :)

timoteo1 ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 7:20 AM

Excellent start, Chris! If you plan on doing a lot of post work special effects, you may want to consider getting Adobe After Effects. Not to mention, you'll want to comp characters together eventually, rather than try and render them all at the same time. The "lightsaber-like" blade looks great, and I know it was a lot of work doing it frame by frame (another thing AE does well, and FAST!). Keep up the good work! -Tim (Founding member of "The 12 Animators"

ronmolina ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 8:30 AM

Chris excellent start. Ron

wdupre ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 10:37 AM

Impressive!

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 3:15 PM

Thank you all for your comments. Tim: Never had the chance to work with Adobe After Effects. How does it works? Is it good for composition or only for special effects? Is there a trial version? Again ... thank you all for your comments. I'll try to make my next better :)) Chris

Bobasaur ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 4:43 PM

Very nice beginning! I'm assuming you used P5?

After Effects is literally the Photoshop of the video realm. It's useful for both composition and special effects.

For example I'm working on a animated music video (since March). I'm rendering different sequences out as a series of stills at 24 frames per second. I'll end up taking the stills into After Effects, color correcting (if needed), adding special effects, adding layers of renders (a couple of scenes may have as many as 10 charcters, I'll render the furthest ones first and then render the closer ones seperately to make it easier on my machine), adding music, adding transitions, and doing all sorts of other things. At the end I'll convert it to 29.97 fps full screen video.

I couldn't do all that without After Effects. Bobasaur (I was 7 of 12)

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.