Sat, Sep 21, 12:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: OT:Good bye JWKub !!!

GhostBear ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 10:42 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

Well it seems that he was a little too vocal/visual and the powers that be decided to silence him for good. !!!!BANNED!!!!!! Now you all can browse the forums easier. You all may now sleep well knowing that censorship is alive and well here. Its a lovely community here. Sweet dreams

Kagato98 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 11:03 PM

Really? He was banned? Last I heard, he was just told to "chill or be chilled" . Where do you find out?

EricofSD ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 11:05 PM

Why say bye? That's like taking a rock out of your shoe and actually missing it.

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 11:07 PM

He did chill. And reincarnated as (insert big music cue here) GhostBear.

Kagato98 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 11:19 PM

Son of a!

ScottA ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 11:28 PM

file_26316.jpg

Now what do I do?

volfin ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 12:03 AM

I guess they didn't want to take any more of his crap... (sorry, couldn't resist *8-)

c1rcle ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 4:58 AM

good riddance to him too :) & it's not censorship it's cleaning out the crap, 12 threads all with pretty much the same picture saying the same thing should get him banned.

Poppi ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 8:20 AM

yup, folks were beginning to make jokes (errrr...MORE jokes, even)about poser in the other forums because of him.

GhostBear ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 11:57 AM

You mean to tell me that stating a strong opinion visually repeatedly , and perhaps a unpopular opinion, IS A BANNABLE offence ? I am glad your not in charge here C1rcle, you scare my chichens. Renderosity is kinda scary now....

whoopdat ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 12:07 PM

The point is you're doing it in the wrong forum. Repeatedly. After being told it's the wrong forum. Haven't you read what the moderaters have told you? I'm against censorship as much as the next guy, but this forum is here for people to discuss Poser and help each other, not spam their dislikes about a program. You're free to say you hate it as much as the next guy, but shut up after a while. We get the picture. And if you're that scared, leave. I won't miss you. You'll likely be banned for trying to avoid being banned anyway. Shades of liftan here....

x2000 ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 12:18 PM

Hmm. Censorship? -or- Pictures of shit in every other thread? I'll gladly pick censorship, thank you.

Poppi ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 12:55 PM

You mean to tell me that stating a strong opinion visually repeatedly , and perhaps a unpopular opinion, IS A BANNABLE offence ? i would think, yes, when it begins to interfere with the smooth flow of the forum. then it is disrupting the site.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 1:40 PM

Nooffense, I like the guy and what he's done back when bodyhair in Poser was a mere dream, but seriously... if you're gonna blow a fuse, then do it in the galleries and point to it, but don't post a zillion coprophilic threads with large images in each one... 90% of the folks got the point the first time. The rest is just spam and disruption. Yep - the guy has a first amendment (US) right to freedom of speech and assembly, but... 1) ...this is a privately owned forum. I won't allow some yahoo to preach his love for Bin Laden from my front porch, nor do I legally have to. Same with R'osity... they don't even have to tolerate unpopular opinions on their property, let alone legit debate. OTOH, since it would hurt their sales to be complete censors, they allow (yes, allow) dissent insofar as it doesn't negatively impact their ability to attract and keep CG companies and their advertisement dollars. 2) ...it disrupts those who are actually trying to get something done constructively. Seriously - if a newbie comes along as syas "Hey, I just installed this and how do I...?" but the post gets buried in a mountain of posts proclaiming "POSER 5 SUX! IT's SHIT!, SHIT I SAY!", then the newb will pretty much find another site to go ask, since he prolly won't get an answer here. To be honest, if the guy really wants to dissent, then perhaps he can lay it out in a message with a more mature line of reasoning. It may be cathartic, but it sure doesn;t solve anything. /P

ScottA ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 1:52 PM

"To be honest, if the guy really wants to dissent, then perhaps he can lay it out in a message with a more mature line of reasoning. It may be cathartic, but it sure doesn;t solve anything." Where's the fun in that Penguinisto? I don't come here to talk to intelligent adults. I come for the floor show. ;-) ScottA

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 3:24 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

file_26317.jpg

*to preach his love for Bin Laden* Talking about Bin Laden, the Daily Telegraph (UK newspaper) reported this from Thailand. Who in the name of expletive-deleted wants to commemorate him?? Judging by the flame-type arch decoration with the dragon heads, the building is not a Muslim building.

-Klaus ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 8:04 AM

Sitting Bull says: "When stupid White Man cuts tons of wood, Winter always VERRRYYY COLD !"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.