Sat, Sep 21, 9:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:40 pm)

Subject: freebie area posting question.

Velen ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 5:44 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:33 PM

Hi I have a few items for poser5 2 dresses and some towels blankets and so on i would like to post in the freebie section my question is how do i do this and do i need a host for the files ? every time i have tryed in the past i have goten no where so asking for help this time befor i go and get frustrated and just deleat the whole 9 yrds. thanks in advance. Vel

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 5:49 PM

Yes, you'll need someplace to host the files and thumbnail images, as they are not kept on Renderosity's servers. When you post to Free Stuff, you provide links to the items.

creativechaos ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 5:53 PM
  1. Yes you need a host for the files 2) You need to zip them up and create a thumb file (this is the easy part LOL) and check the zip to make sure everything needed is inclosed. (this is the pain in the ass part) 3) Just go to the freesection and go to "Upload New File" fill out the little form and click on upload. You will be taken to a page that shows your download, check to make sure it works then upload it. If you need a place to host files, I can do it for you, but I do ask that you don't post to freestuff as the bandwidth it takes when someone loads the page eats at my connection (site hosted from cable connection) However, you can post a link to the download page in the forum here. This is actually what quite a few people do. People will still be able to download your files easily from the link to the download page.

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

creativechaos ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 5:54 PM

Looks like we kinda cross posted there Little Dragon ;)

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

Velen ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2002 at 2:16 AM

thanks guys ok :) well i have dsl so guess i can put a link in here to host it :) thanks for the info Laters Vel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.