Fri, Sep 20, 5:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser 5: Which machine do we need?....

kruse ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 3:53 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:29 AM

Hi Everybody! We are just waiting for our German Poser5-update ('cause we are using Poser4-German-version). Some days ago a good friend showed us his English version. This version had been installed on laptop (PIII, 750Mhz, NT4). Yes, seems to be a very good Poser update, but..... rendering the object needed a lot of time (Here the Poser5 figures with dynamic hairs)! We are using a P4/2,0Ghz, Windows 2000 at home. Is there anybody who is using the same configuration? What is your experience? Regards Daniel + Matthias

Kelderek ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 4:25 AM

I'm close. Using a P4 2,2 GHz on Win XP. Poser 5 runs pretty smooth and handles the new dynamic hair at an acceptable speed. I still think it's too slow when moving from one room to another, but that appears to be something everyone is experiencing. Rendering dynamic hair with the FireFly renderer is slow, simply because it's an exptremely time consuming task compared to the "old" Poser 4 scenes. When comparing with other 3D applications in similar situations, FireFly is not extreme in any way though. The SR1 patch did speed uo renders somewhat. I think that any NT based system (2000 or XP) is preferrable when running Poser 5, since the memory handling is crucial. The NT kernel is superior compared to 95/98/ME in that department. You didn't state your RAM specification, that will affect your Poser 5 performance greatly as well (my machine runs with 512 Mb).

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 5:52 AM

You should be fine. I'm using a PIII, 933 Mhz (actually a dual processor, but I don't think Poser uses the second one), with Win2k. No problems besides those inherent in the software.

kruse ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 6:10 AM

Tank's both, this calms us down a little bit. We are also running our machine with 512MB RAM. So we are looking forward for our update. Hope it's coming soon. Regards Daniel + Matthias

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 10:39 AM

I'm using a P4 2.0Ghz with 1Gb Ram & WinXP home, poser5 does seem slower than poser4 at times but with some tweaking that nerd suggested not long ago it can go a little faster, thanks Charles :)

thgeisel ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 10:59 AM

Im on a athlon 2000xp with 768 mb.And its very smooth. Im german and i bought the us -update. No more placing everything in different libraries.... no more waiting months for patches till there is a translated german patch. Never back to a german poser.

Bongo ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 11:12 AM

You think German poser is bad? You should see Mongolian poser!!

kbade ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 8:32 PM

I know what you mean about Mongolian Poser 5... Attila is not much of an improvement on the P4 Dork. I'm hoping that DAZMongolia comes out with a more hi-res Genghis.

buck ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 9:29 PM

If you're going to work with Dynamic Hair, I reccommend a Cray!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.