Sat, Sep 21, 12:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: A dumb question:)

Deal ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 5:52 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:00 PM

Ok I was told that I can make things (Images made in bryce and poser) such as swords and stuff glow by using photoshop, something about using an alpha chanel but exactly how do I do that? Iknow how to render in bryce as a mask but how do I apply it and select it in photoshope and all the rest Im getting very frustrated! pleeeeaase heeelp! thanks

adam ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 8:42 PM

First-of-all, there are no dumb questions, just dumb people. Especially when it involves photoshop because there is so much to learn about that program! One way to add a glow is to add it to a LAYER (meaning everything on that layer glows). To do this, you right click on the layer in the layer window. Then scroll down to effects. Now you can change anything you want (ie. shadow, bevel, emboss, glow, etc). I use this ALL the time. If you want one part of a layer to glow, select what you want to glow and copy and paste it. Now it is on it's own layer. Then go to effects and you can add a glow to the new layer. Another way to add a glow is to use a filter. If you have eyecandy, select glow to add a glow (obviously). I am not sure what other filters allow you to add a glow, but I know Eyecandy does. I hope this helped. If you have ANY questions what-so-ever, feel free to ask (afanton@mindspring.com). Remember there are NO dumb questions (and I was joking about the "only dumb people" thing). =) -Adam

adam ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 8:46 PM

Oh...since you just want the sword to glow on the image, you WILL have to put the sword on a new layer (I am assuming that the whole image is one layer because it is a rendered image from bryce). Select the sword with your favorite lasso tool. Then copy the selection and then paste it again, right on top of the old sword. This will make a new layer with just the sword on it. Now you can adjust the glow using the effects. -Adam

julianf ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2000 at 11:55 AM

You can use the mask you created to make selecting the sword very easy. The mask can be added as a channel in photoshop and then used to make a selection. I think you can then make the glow directly from the selection.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.