Tue, Oct 22, 1:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Geographical Influence...

Bidsy ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 2:14 PM

Male 39 (wrong side, screaming into 40). 1 wife, 2 kids (both autistic) 1 budgie (parakeet) who thinks she is a bat and hangs upside down from the roof of the cage. Live in Yorkshire, England, with some of the best scenery in the world. Mental age 4 and I absolutely refuse to grow up!!!!. Round here, we call them alehouses. Nice to meet everyone. Dave

ringbearer ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 3:35 PM

Female, 48, Cincinnati, OH, married, 1 cat, 2 boys (28 & 26). Arleen

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

unclebob ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 5:05 PM

I live in College Station, Texas (90 miles NW of Houston),45 and never married either .. far to busy in my younger daze in the USAF (where my nic comes from)... and now just too set in my ways .... we should start a 'rosity dating service. LOL

TheVelvetFoxx ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 5:19 PM

Tuttle is modest too! :)

TheVelvetFoxx ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 5:26 PM

Bidsy - Boyfriend's parents are Yorkies. He's hellbent on teaching me proper English. Had my first meatpie a while back. Interesting.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 5:39 PM

Has any one else noticed (this is not an official count BTW) that there are almost as many cats ans kids?

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Incarnadine ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 5:40 PM

1 girlfriend, 2 cats, no kids - I missed stating that earlier - and I drive a Volvo.

Erlik ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 5:52 PM

Hah! I fit right in! Male, 40, unmarried, have a cat. She's two months old, the baddest and meanest badass cat in the neighbourhood. :-) A cow-orker found her in front of the offices and I decided to put her up "for the time being". Yeah, right. :-) Otherwise, I'm a journalist from Zagreb, Croatia.

-- erlik

Erlik ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 5:54 PM

Incarnadine, it's no wonder that there are many cats here. I noticed that many of us are SF fans. And cats are almost official pets for the lovers of Sf. :-)

-- erlik

catlin_mc ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 6:00 PM

From the post above by ttops you can see I'm female - 41, living in Glasgow, bonny Scotland. ock eye jimmy

Incarnadine ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 6:16 PM

Well based upon my inlaws (Cameron on Fathers/Campbell on Mothers)from that cold northern place, it would not be obvious! Glad you pointed this out though. (you never can trust any men who run around in their wives dresses cause they're too cheep to spring for a new pair of trousers. At least they still have enough pride left not to be caught wearing their knickers too!) .... Running very fast for cover!!!!! (grin)

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 8:34 PM

Hehe...this thread is catching up with the length of the bryce guru challenge thread. I refuse to believe I am the youngest one here. There must me SOMEONE here who beats me. (I know there is cause I've talked to them before.) And geez...it looks like there are more cats than people altogether!

johnpenn ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 8:50 PM

I'm 30, married, and I'm allergic to cats. I have 2 dogs though.

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 9:19 PM

Max, We all sound like we're younger. There's no font for maons and graons...lol

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 10:53 PM

31 in earth years, joined to another, created hybrid offspring. From Mars of course, Hellas just south of Rabe Crater.

Vile ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 10:54 PM

BTW I also own a 3 legged cat named Zoe.

ocddoug ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 1:52 AM

Cool thread. 34 male, Colorado. I live right next to a federal prison, but I swear I'm not IN the prison (ok, I confess, I'm in the prison and I have a comp with me in solitary confinement). Never been married (wooohooo!), been single for a few yrs now, which is when I got back into Brycing. One cat, Sam, who is good company when waiting for those long renders.

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 3:57 AM

Isstrout, I try to check in and read all the threads everyday, I usually only post if I'm curious about something (like this thread), need help, or someone has asked for opinions (which I have in abundance, I know just enough about everything to get in trouble...:p... Zhann

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 4:05 AM

ocddoug, Where's the prison, front range or western slope? Zhann

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 5:12 AM

32, Halmstad, Sweden with 1 girlfriend & 3 cats...

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 5:46 AM

I'm from the Netherlands. I live in Amstelveen (a place just next to/under Amsterdam.) I'm 17.045859 years old. 1 'little' brother, 1 'little' sister, one doggy.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 5:51 AM

So far I only count 6 of us girls in here, do you think there are any more lurking on the sidelines, or are we really the only females ? Should add a bit about myself I guess....I have been working in fine arts, oil on canvas, for many years and came to computer art and 3d not long ago. It's amazing how creative computing can take over your life in a short space of time and since meeting ttops it now appears I'm trying to make comercial use of these new found talents.

Trouble ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 8:30 AM

Well I shall be the lucky 7th female! Married, 2 kids, 6 grandkids, 2 cats. I live in the Mile High City, Denver, Colorado but am originally from Green Bay, WI.

TheVelvetFoxx ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:46 AM

I think there are more females lurking out there, but they are probably busy taking care of kids, husbands, animals, etc. Luckily for me, Nicholas the cat doesn't want much attention. Between work and home I spend so much time at the computer, I have to do housework or take a walk to get exercise. I'm actually a geek turned artist as I normally design websites or work on hardware/software conversions/upgrades. This is the time of year though, when you'll find me in the woods on most weekends dressed as a 19th century living historian demonstrating home arts (butter churning, spinning, weaving, etc.)

mboncher ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:07 AM

OCD that was like my sister, who I enjoyed telling people she was in Levinworth... (wait for appropriate horror) as a psychiatrist. Bad scottish joke. You know why they call it a kilt? Because the last man who called it a skirt GOT kilt! Nae make fun o' a mon's kilt. ;c)

ttops ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 12:00 PM

:C))

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 5:21 PM

I'm another female Coloradan, in Denver grew up in Breck, 25 just out of college, divorced, 1 daughter. Don't post to the bryce group often, well at least not lately.:)

Tirjasdyn

ocddoug ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 5:46 PM

Zhann: the prison is in western Littleton, a few miles east of the mountains, and about 20 miles west of downtown Denver. Did you want a tour? LOL. Tirjasdyn: nice to meet a fellow Coloradian Brycer ;-)

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:02 PM

No, OCD, that's quite alright, I'll take your word for it => Is it a Federal prison, with fancy jumpsiuts, cable TV, catered meals, and free internet? :p

ocddoug ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:11 PM

Hehe...I've lived next to it my entire life, never been in it thank god. It's where they held that scumbag Timothy McVeigh during his trail. Incarnadine: It seems like lots of Brycers have cats. It's the same thing over at 3DCommune. The members gallery is about half filled with cat pics lol... Doug

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:16 PM

As my niece would put it,"cats rule!"...

Roch222 ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:48 PM

Well im a bit late on the topic

and also the the only one from NEW YORK CITY

(i think - i scanned through pretty quick)

Even though im late - its nice to meet everyone

roch222

mboncher ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:57 PM

I'm mildly allergic to dogs I've discovered recently, and as far as I am concerned that's fine for me. I've always thought dogs had a very unpleasent odor. Ferret musk is more pleasant in my opinion. But yes indeed, cats rule. :c)

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 1:09 AM

Wow, that's quite the cross section. Agent, yeah, SD stands for San Diego. The story? I got that name assigned to me by AOL in '93 or so when I got my first online experience. Born in Tucson and swore I'd never go back to Arizona but after being in SD from 92 till 99, here I am, back in desertland. I was going to change my nick to EricofAZ (and have in certain places) but after all these years of having the same nick, well, people know me. Glad to see such a fine turnout of female artists. Now to get my sister into computer graphics!

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 1:45 AM

Eric, I swore I'd never come back to Fresno, and look what happened to me. - TJ

Apache2k ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 10:37 AM

Wow soo many people,, Im Eetu aka Apache2k from Finland and my age is 29 :) Male. umm thats all.. aaaa.. this year i have been using 3d softwares and cad softwares almost 13 years so know some stuff. Apache2k

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 2:31 PM

Don't mess with dogs mboncher I have a dog. Don't let me tell him to bite you :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Atomic_Anvil ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 2:57 PM

cats ... dogs ... ferrets ... hmph

aren't there any horse people here besides me?

heh

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 3:03 PM

Horses are great animals. I can't ride them and I don't have them, but they are great animals indeed.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 3:04 PM

Long thread. I am confident we can break the record. I've still seen some people who didn't tell where they live. Come on, join the club!

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 8:28 PM

I had my own horse way back when I was a teanager. I'm prepping my 4 year old to ask for a horse when she is about 8. So far, it is working!

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

unclebob ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 8:35 PM

I rode one before and have been called a horse's azz. does that count ? LOL ** so no one else in the Houston area ??? **

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 12:43 AM

I love horses, as a matter of fact, I love just about all animals. When we go to the grocery store there's always free kitten, puppies and even once a free ferret! My husband always says, "I gotta bag full of no's here, don't make me use 'em". That's way we have 2 dogs, 9 cats and 5 bunnies, those no's come in real handy, huh?...:O)

Nukeboy ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 10:24 AM

Male 39 married late (just celebrated third anniversary on 9/26). Three cats, two slightly feral, one primadonna. Los Osos, CA (right on the coast near Morro Bay with a fine view of the famous "Rock") Dive bar about a mile away and nicer "club house" at the golf coarse two blocks away. Atomic: lots of horses nearby and I used to ride quite often.

lsstrout ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 1:08 PM

This is so much fun! I'd like to thank everyone for putting a little bit about yourselves here. Especially the people who don't often post. We seem to cover quite a range. Any one else out there?

airflamesred ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 2:36 PM

what a great thread this was: pubs my ar** 'boosers' thats what they are called in london

Shannara ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 2:16 PM

Erk, where does this put me? 24 Married Male, 1 (of 4) kid(s), 4 cats, 1 kitten, 1 Alaskan Husky/Malimute/German Shepard puppy (6 months), 1 rat, living in Juneau, Alaska. Programmer, Artist, Hiker!

FWTempest ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2002 at 7:42 AM

sorry for calling you back folks... I just couldn't stand to see this thread stop at 99... I love horses... but have you ever tried to pet one while it's sitting in your lap in front of a roaring fire on a cold winter's day? Still got the hoof prints on my knee-caps... :o)

Atomic_Anvil ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2002 at 8:19 AM

That's a good one FWT!

The real challenge tho is getting them to put the seat down after they're through using it.

heh

ttops ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2002 at 8:41 AM

Ok then, lets make it 101. It's freezing over here...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.