Fri, Sep 20, 12:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Poser 5 Help Files

dewo ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 12:39 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:34 PM

Trying to open the help-files in Poser 5, Photoshop is launching and comes up with a strange error message about "invalid file format" or so. Consequently, I do not have any access to the P5 help files (and can therefore not even judge on whether they are worth it or not - no offense intended, Anthony) What am I doing wrong here. Besides of this little hick-up (and of course my own shortfalls in understanding the program in the first place - but one is trying, isn't one), I did not have any problem with installing Poser 5, zippo, nada, zilch, nothing! I am running W2k-Pro on a 1MHz Pentium-3 (or is it 4? - don't even know) with 512MB-RAM, a dual-head graphics board from ATI (don't know the name), 2 40GB harddisks and some other stuff in the box, doing all kinds of funny things (except when I want them to, but never mind that). The whole smack was thrown together by a friend, following some sort of a spec that I gave him; so, it is not a commercially available machine, like a Compaq or so. On the s/w side, there is all sorts of stuff on it, amongst those, I also have W98 installed to be able to continue to work with the Fast-Dazzle DV-Master, which is not supported by W2k (grrrrh). Right. Now the P5-pack arrived, I threw the CD in and started it, comletely neglecting CL's warning to shut down all your applications, including firewalls, anti-virusses, screen-savers, pop-up-stoppers and all that kind of jazz. I left all of that running. And guess what, it went: "wrrrrrrtt" - bingo - installation done. Next thing was to register. So I called up CL's web-site and ran through the whole registration opera. Much to my surprise, the response was an unmentionable string of words, which they tell me is my such-'n-such code or whatever and that I need to keep it. So I did, thank you very much. - And then P5 would launch - and faster than P4 ever did. Of course: Now the trouble started - but not because of CL, but because of me and my talents as a P5-Wizz (see above). Now come the patches. Downloaded them (with no trouble) and started them (again with all kinds of other applications open). And, what can I say: The patches patched very well. P5 came right back up and all the things, which CL promised they would fix, were fixed - at least as far as I could figure out. Fazit: Poser 5 does not seem to be that bad of a piece of s/w, from as much as I can say. smiles and continues to dig into the P5 secrets

triceratops2001 ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 12:53 AM

The help file is in PDF format. You need acrobat reader to open it. Or may be the setting of your computer point the PDF file to photoshop. hope this help

dewo ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 1:51 AM

That's probably it (I should have found THAT out myself - stupid)! Thanks for your quick reply. I'm going to check it right away when I get home tonight.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.