Sun, Oct 6, 2:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 3:07 pm)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Backroom Quotes

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 02 October 2002 at 11:46 PM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:21 PM

I found this quote and thought it would be great for the backroom. I know dialyn has posted some great ones as well. If anyone has some quotes from authors, etc., that they'd like to share, please post them. " ... there are two kinds of critics in life: those who criticize you because they want you to fail and those who criticize you because they want you to succeed." THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN (syndicated newspaper columnist.)

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 12:00 AM

I love it, and so very true.

Fractals will always amaze me!

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 9:51 AM

Ditto, tres!

Knot4u ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 9:58 PM

Hmm I am afraid I know not who to crdit for this, but it was to good to just pass by. Poetry is not the meanderings of an intelligent mind, flippant musings, cocktail party talk jumbled up and repeated hurly-burly. Rather, poetry is clarity: plain and ordinary speech, about plain and ordinary things. In fact, some of the best poetry is often about the seemingly most unpoetic of things.

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 10:15 PM

It wasn't from a class you took, was it? It shows up in course materials on the website: http://www.worldcampus.psu.edu/il/courses/syl/ENGL_0050l.html (if you back up through the pages, you can find the authors) I can't help it...I used to have a job researching reference questions and the Internet makes it all too easy for me. :(

Knot4u ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 10:35 PM

woo hoo.. I never took the class though I did see this on the net.. so .. I would have to say you have once again proven your wonderous ability.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 10:26 AM

Theodore Sturgeon ... Sturgeon's Law - "95% of Science Fiction is crap, but then again, 95% of everything is crap." He's another favorite of mine. :)

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 12:02 PM

Delicious stuff. Tks for posting.

Knot4u ( ) posted Thu, 10 October 2002 at 10:46 PM

trust in your heart... listen to your soul... dont force the pen and the truth will show

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.