Sun, Oct 6, 5:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Black = transparent, right?

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 3:26 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:37 PM

Hmmm...not with me!

Hello,

after trying some tutorials to make my own clothing tex I found out that I can fill Mikes Tanktop (from his bodysuit for example) with every pattern texture you could wish...buuuuut:
when I try to make a trans pattern with black ellipses or rectangles (just playing around)and loading them as a
trans Map (with the other parts white)...nothing happens.
I now it has to be something I do wrong, but I don't know
why???
Thank you for your patience...

Kelderek ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 3:37 PM

Yep, black = transparent... Which Poser version do you have, 4 or 5? In Poser 4, did you set the "transparency max" slider to 100%? If you have Poser 5, maybe you can take a screen shot of the Material Room with your settings? Lots of settings there that can go wrong...

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 3:44 PM

I have Poser Pro Pack and yes I put the transparency max to 100 buuuuut: the whole tanktop will get transparent then!

shadowcat ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 5:11 PM

Transparency maps only works when you render. It will work the same way as hair.

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 5:17 PM

Thank you shadowcat but I knew that :) But in the meantime I found out that the whole mess is probably due to some errors with the UV- or Tex map. Because if I get something to see it sits totally wrong and distorted!!! I don't know why, I made an .obj from the bodysuit, loaded it in the UV-Mapper, made texture maps...voila...hmmmm... (It seems the Poser gods are NOT with me right know...) But still, thanks for your patience! Dani

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 5:51 PM

file_27066.JPG

Hier are some images what I did....

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 5:52 PM

file_27067.JPG

My Transmap...(Black is transparent, right?)

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 5:54 PM

file_27068.JPG

Transmap loaded to the tanktop in materials... with the transparency slider at 100...

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 5:55 PM

file_27069.JPG

...and this is the outcome!!! Please help! It can only be something simple I forgot...

Spanki ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 6:21 PM

SOmething simple: The transparency map needs to be loaded as the "Transparency Map" and not the "Texture Map".

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 6:25 PM

Are you sure your black is truly BLACK? It can be hard to see if a colour is totally black, but Poser knows it. But what I don't understand is why the "holes" doesn't show at all :o/ I guess I'm as puzzled as you are after all... Can you post a screenshot of the Materials setting?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 6:38 PM

Thank you Spanki but I already knew that :) But nevertheless I tried all different variations I could imagine... Thank you ernyoka1, but I have no proggie for screenshots but the trans max was 100 (I made double sure of that!) And I proofed the black but it is "truly black".... Somehow I start to think there is nothing wrong with the transmap but with poser not mapping her right around the Tanktop... Dani

ronmolina ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 6:59 PM

render it! then see what happens! Ron

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 7:03 PM

Ummm...I did render it...often! You can see one of the rendered pics above... But still, thanks! big sigh Dani

shadowcat ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 7:28 PM

file_27070.JPG

ok, I see that something is happening in your outcome shot there is a black spot where the transmap is working (to the right of the navel) If what you are showingis the actual transmap then your problem is that the map you made doesn't match the .obj it's being applied to. here is a template to the bodysuit....

creativechaos ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 7:29 PM

I think one of the problems is that the trans map is for the shirt ONLY and not the entire cat suit. Try using the template for the catsuit and putting the mapping for the t-shirt onto that. make sure all the other parts are black (IE, the arms, legs, etc) By the way, if you are on a PC you can take a screen shot using the Print Screen button (Mine's by the number pad on the right side) and going into Photoshop or Paint Shop pro, creating a new image and pasting the screenshot into the new document.

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

shadowcat ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 7:32 PM

file_27071.JPG

and here is a transmap to use. the result will be a circle cutout on one side & a square on the other.

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 7:56 PM

file_27072.JPG

Yippeeeee!!! *cuddles Shadowcat and all the others...

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 8:00 PM

file_27073.JPG

It was the template! When I run the bodysuit through the UV-Mapper I made it look like that...

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 8:01 PM

file_27074.JPG

Or so...for better working....

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 8:03 PM

file_27075.JPG

But I can't do that, right? I have to use the original version... (But it seems to be hard to working with them...)

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 8:31 PM

ummm....yeah...forgot about me....maybe I should better go to bed :) The Solution to this was sooo simple! I read about it before...I knew it...I just forgot: Just make your map and save as as your new .obj...basta... Then you can use every tex map...claps her forehead Thank you all guys and gals Without you I would have stopped with Poser long ago. And look which fun I had missing....looks at her gray hair Good night all Dani

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 8:34 PM

file_27076.JPG

looks muuuuch better know, yes?

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 8:41 PM

Don't forget to make a copy of your catsuit.cr2 file and change the pointers to newcatsuit.obj. That way, you can use the old catsuit and your remapped catsuit and have them both poseable. Cheers!

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 11 October 2002 at 8:55 PM

...will do! Thanks!!! Dani

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.