Tue, Oct 22, 1:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: Problems with Poser 5 ... C exception errors

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 2:07 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:48 PM

Heya all, before I email CL about my problem I want to know if someone else have this problems. Everytime I import a 3ds file I get a C exception error, same is when I try to load PhilCs new dress. Same in clothroom ... when I want to start a calculation I get this error. Maybe it is my PC but I'm not sure. I'm using a Compaq workstation SP 750 with a Xeon 866, 512 MB RAM, Poser 5 with SR1b. I hope someone can help me Chris PS: what was CLs bug report email again?

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 2:33 AM

bugs@curiouslabs.com

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 2:39 AM

thank you Anthony :)

Hisminky ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 4:18 AM

I just got the C exception, however, I was not using a #DS file, just normal Vicky and lights, no clothes, no nothing. I never got this error before the patch.

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 5:00 AM

I just got it too for the first time. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 5:06 AM

I'm thinking it's a dog, plain and simple. And wondering if it really did get beta tested all that time that we were waiting. Go ahead and jump on me but I am really disappointed in this whole thing. Should have listened to my intuition when CL kept us in the dark and fed us all that BS and threw us scraps about this program, guess now we know why. Marque

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 9:22 AM

I got it while importing a 3ds file last night and sent CL a bug report. However, I've noticed that it doesn't happen with ALL 3ds files. (I tested about half-a-dozen).

Kingfisher ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 10:21 AM

I get mine while rendering.Usually when I`m trying to render displacement maps & hair. Sent bug report. There is SR2 coming out sometime during the week. So CL told me when I contacted them about the huge downloads & no resume. Thats sorted now & SR1 now fully download & installed. But still get C exception errors. I shall wait for SR2 & see how I go from there. Its a shame that there are so many bugs, unfortunatley its not uncommon because the new features are great.

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 10:38 AM

as I see more people has problems with C errors ... good that they have send a bugreport to CL so I dont need to do it again ;) I hope with SR2 things get better :) Poser 5 is a great app, I like all the new features but sometimes its frustrating when you get errors and cant step forward in some projects. So please CL bring out the new SR as fast as possible :) Chris

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 10:49 AM

I got my C exception error posing Judy. I also got it trying to open up a *.pz3 file I had created in Poser 5. By the way, is it just me or are Judy and Don very slow to pose? Those parameter dials may be larger but it seems to take a lot of nudging to get anything to happen. I don't like having to enter the numbers each and every time...I prefer to do that for the fine tuning. But I don't have a choice in Poser 5. I can't get the Poser 5 figures to budge any other way. Yes, I've got Inverse Kinetics turned off.

praxis22 ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 12:55 PM

Nope! Happens to me too, P5 is just slow, even after the patch, more memory and a better GFX card. As for the dials, don't get me started, I'm beginning to get really hacked off with having to move them (the window) all the time, (as well as being unable to use them.) How about a patch to embed them back into the desktop where they belong? Though while I'm at it, why did it take 3 years to integrate a load of third party packages into Poser4? It's not like you had to code the stuff yourself, and I imagine they all came with API's that allow for simple integration, though I'd be happy to hear that I was wrong. later jb

Hisminky ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 1:17 PM

Geeze, is there any way to UNINSTALL the service release? I finally got to where I could work AROUND the initial bugs, now Poser 5 is TOTALLY unusable with all the C exception errors.

fls13 ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 3:13 PM

I had some problems with C exceptions on rendering, but the cause was textures on objects copied over from P4 libraries not being in the right location, which was a simple fix. Still, the program is inefficient and unstable. At least I'm not having the same level problems others are having, despite my AMD cpu.

Kendra ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 7:29 PM

Report it but don't hold your breath on getting a response back. I haven't yet. A patch to fix the patch better be coming soon.

...... Kendra

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2002 at 11:49 PM

Can someone explain what the devil a C exception error is? Since this error is totally unknown in the mac world I have no idea of what all these things are.

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Spit ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 3:23 AM

If it's a 'caught c exception error' it is debugging code in the program. The program makes a booboo and catches it itself. It just can't figure out what to do about it. You can get stuff like that on a Mac too...just wouldn't say the same thing. I'm sure Mac programmers can put debugging stuff in their own code if they wish.

hogwarden ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 4:59 AM

It is an "exception" (or error) which is not caught and dealt with. Errors always occur in the process of running a program, you just have to write the code to catch them, and recover. Then the user doesn't notice the error or have to click OK 5 million times. Looks like CL Missed a few!! I had mine messing about in the cloth room. H:)

JHoagland ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 9:23 AM

I have a suggestion to everyone who thinks Poser 5 is a "dog"- try to return the product. If it doesn't work on your PC, try to get your money back. I say "try" because CL may or may not actually refunds your money. If they don't, try going to your credit card and explain that the new piece of software that you just bought doesn't work properly... and that the company won't take it back. (Let CL deal with VISA and Matercard enough times about unhappy customers and see what happens.) If you still can't get your money back, post your story in this forum. Nothing hurts (or helps) a company's reputation more than consumer's experiences.

VanishingPoint... Advanced 3D Modeling Solutions

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.