Thu, Sep 19, 4:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: 3D models for sales or not. - I need your opinion

pidjy ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 10:50 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 8:02 PM

file_27411.jpg

I spend a lot of time modeling with Bryce, and I was wondering if I can sell my models.. Is the quality good enought ? who would pay for this?... how much? .... Now I need your opinion, here is a small part of my (home made) models.; please, let me know what you think about.. Thank you Warm regards.

pidjy ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 10:52 AM

file_27412.jpg

Of course most of those models are 100% Bryce.. a few are modeled with Carrara and rendered in Bryce.

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 11:12 AM

I think the quality is high enough to sell them.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 11:13 AM

Maybe I've gotta sell my own models too.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 11:40 AM

These are excellent models pidjy. I certainly think people would buy them.

Apache2k ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 12:54 PM

Well, u cant know if people will buy if you wont sell :) I hope the price wont be over 100$ :)) Good luck! I would sell them... Apache2k

lsstrout ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 1:10 PM

I would look at other sites that sell models and get an idea of what the likely prices are for different models. Also, you might consider whether people would be more likely to buy a 'package' rather than individual items, or perhaps you could offer both. I certainly think it is worth a try, especially since the expense on your part to arrange for sales shouldn't be too much. Your items seem worthy of sale to me. I have found that most people are happy to give advice, so if you decide to start selling your items, pick someone you admire and get their advice.

Colette1 ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 1:56 PM

They look as good as some things for sale I've seen. They are good. I would try selling them.:)

cshaftoe ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 2:55 PM

There's nothing wrong with these 'cept I can't afford them...LOL Excellent work. The Bryster

derjimi ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 4:46 PM

First thing to say: your models are excellent. If I wouldn't model by myself, I'd buy them. Especially the "House in ruins". Second: just give it a try. It cost you nothing to test if you can sell them - only some time. I also tested if Bryce models can be sold and learned that chests are not what the public need - no sales at all. ;-) But I will continue - offering free meshes and also try to sell some other ones - I don't loose anything if I try to sell. I only can learn by doing (or trying) it. Give it a chance - there's nothing to loose, only to gain. :-) Take care, Jimi

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 8:09 PM

One word: SELL!

lemonjim ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 1:04 AM

please yes, do try. i'd like to know in a few months how it works out, i've never tried myself.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.