Tue, Oct 22, 3:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: The Tailor not compatible with Poser 5?

milamber42 ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 9:32 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:28 AM

Has anyone tried to load CR2's created with P5 into The Tailor? I have tried two Victoria figures, and I get errors loading the CR2. The current error is "Tag unknown in Actor:backfaceCull Line:2401"

lalverson ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 9:48 PM

i've been getting similar errors. but figures not resaved in 5 still work.

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 11:30 PM

Just a thought... P5 likes crz and if there's a compression deal going on with cr2 to crz then that should be investigated. Just speculating. I have Tailor, will try it with Judy next weekend.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 11:47 PM

backfaceCull isn't a parameter in Poser 4, to the best of my knowledge. It probably has something to do with Poser 5's "Remove backfacing polygons" option for the FireFly renderer. Have you tried removing the P5-specific lines first before loading into The Tailor? Make a backup copy of the file first before experimenting.

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 9:31 AM

Once you clear the backfacecull you will wind up with more errors. Judy is a totally new animal. so far I have not found any way to fit vicky's clothing to judy. I've written to the programmer about an update for P5 and he is considering it. That was about two weeks ago.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Tomsde ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 10:58 AM

Another P5 snag eh? Don and Judy don't have the morphability of Victoria and Micheal, will clothifying them in the cloth room solve this problem? If people still have P4 on their computer would a viable option be to set up the scene in P4 and then reopen it in P5 for rendering? The way it looks we may never be able to uninstall P4 since there are so many compatibility issues. I hope that the Tailor programer comes up with a P5 update! P5 seems to be splitting up our community, folks that used to play nice with CL aren't anymore. This just gives us fewer options and it's rather sad.

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 12:22 PM

Keep your P4 if you have a lot of vicky clothing. I have yet to figure out how to get PhilC's Classical wrap to fit Judy. It seems the clothing has to fit to begin with before the clothing room is effective. As far as Judy/Mike being more morphable that is questionable as to what you want to morph. One example: compare the morphability of the lips, Judy is restricted. My imperssion of P5 is the old bait and switch scam. Promise one thing then have to buy a bunch more for it to work. I'm just glad I'm a hobbiest and don't need it to make a living.

yggdrasil ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 12:47 PM

I haven't tried this yet, but I saw something on Serge Marcks site about clothifying tight (perhaps even too tight?) clothing by scaling down the figure inside the clothes as the start of the simulation then expanding it to full scale by the end. Cloth should then be pushed out around the figure to get a good fit. Note: Above is theory, I haven't had much time to play with cloth room yet, still trying to get my head around the options available in the new material settings. -- Mark

Mark

Tomsde ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 3:13 PM

The cloth room is perplexing and from reading the threads lately no one is exactly sure what it can and cannot do. Poser 5 promised conforming clothing that would really conform to the figures, but my idea of what that meant is quite a bit different than what the cloth room does. For instance my vision for truely conforming clothing is that you'd shape your figure, add the clothes you want, used the conform to command and voila the clothes would fit (figure morphs automatically transfered to the corresponding body parts on the clothing item). When I bought the Tailor I was hoping that it would run as a plug-in from Poser and do exactly what I described above. If someone could come up with a better and easier way to make clothing fit my heavy characters I'd buy it in a heart beat.

yggdrasil ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 7:38 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_27534.jpg

OK, had time to play so here is DAZ Olympian fitted to Judy. Setup: Olympian clothes conformed to Zeroed Vicky then exported as OBJ. Pic 1: Import OBJ and position over slightly morphed version of Judy Pic 2: Flatten Judy (Scale Z) to fit inside dress in frame one of animation. Set animation length to 60 frames and create keyframe at 50 with Judy reset to normal scale. Pic 3: After running cloth simulation (60 frames) on Olympian with collide against Judy. -- Mark

Mark

nickedshield ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 10:40 AM

Mark: I just tried your proceedure and it worked (using the classical wrap). Thank you. Now to see what happens if I tery to turn the wrap into a smart prop so I don't have to run a new simulation everytime the figure is re-posed.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.