Thu, Sep 19, 9:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Royalty free skull caps

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 9:12 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 1:54 PM

file_27590.jpg

As referred to in a previous thread I have now put royalty free skull caps into the freestuff. The intention being that they may be used to share (or sell) your Poser 5 hair creations without infringing on Curious Lab's copyright.

Enjoy :)

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 9:18 AM

Phil, Thanks for this as always. Your stuff is great! Just a question...I've been having trouble lately getting to your site. I was able to some time back, but lately it's been impossible to reach here or on my machine at the office. I noticed in a previous thread someone else was having the same problem. I'm in Taiwan, but as I said I've been able to get there before. Just wondering if routing changed for some reason? Thanks, Doc

Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 9:21 AM

This is great, thanks Phil! I don't understand the copyright comment, though. Does your making that statment have something to do with the EULA?

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 9:26 AM

How wonderful Phil, thank you so much for this. Sharen

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 10:12 AM

It goes like this. Poser 5 strand hair is built off an object, could be the head, easier to build it off a skull cap. There are skull caps provided in the program. However if you wanted to share the end result it would mean passing on the Poser skull cap prop. This would contravene the EULA. Not the fine print, the big stuff. We've never been able to pass on the model's OBJ, same applies to Poser 5 props.

Now its not a big deal, and to some degree I can understand Curious Labs or Daz's hesitancy to make their's royalty free. It gets difficult when you start giving away parts of the figure's mesh or library content. If you find these useful, great. If you want to use something else then thats great also.

As for www.philc.net ... ummm dunno???? I keep checking from this end and it all looks hunky dory. I'll contact my ISP and see if they know something.

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 10:21 AM

Thank you!! :)

genny ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 10:41 AM

You are the GREATEST, Phil C! (: Thank you. genny

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 10:46 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been hoping some wonderful person would do this (as well as nagging on every wish list I could find). For those of us who can't model, but still want to provide free hair (or sale hair) for P5, this was really needed.

Wombat ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 10:47 AM

Thank you. That was what I've needed last weekend. Can you read my mind? ;-) Now I can start with the hair next weekend. Thomas

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 11:20 AM

Thank you very much Phil ... this will be great for ma next BIG project ... exploring the HairRoom :)) Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

nikitacreed ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 11:27 AM

Awesome! Thanks Phil! =OD

aheinz ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 11:48 AM

Link does not work for me also: XP bug ? I am sitting in Europe, maybe some bug there ? Whole www.philc.net is not reachable (host unknown error). Maybe it helps to clear up things. Thanks anyway ! Arthur.

BrianR ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 11:51 AM

Cool, cheers Phil, I was going to make some myself & you've saved me the trouble :O)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 12:14 PM

Thanks for making the Scull caps. Now all I need is P5 G AND a place where I can download those scull caps :o/ I can't get to the site either. Have been there before but lately it has been impossible to reach :o( I get a dns error...(host not found) on both the site it self and the downloads. I'm also in Europe, and using WinXp. Also, Phil... the little "PhilC" in your posts doesn't show itself, nor do your pictures in the Free Stuff / Market Place. Seems like something is wrong somewhere.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 12:41 PM

OK chatted to my ISP. What would help is if I can tell them who is having trouble connecting. If you send me an email, I can then forward the header info to them and they can do their checks from there.

Many thanks.

pcooke@philc.net

pokeydots ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 12:41 PM

Thanks Phil :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 12:47 PM

Good idea, Phil. I've just sent you an e-mail :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

jobcontrol ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 1:13 PM

Mail is on its way. Willy

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 1:16 PM

Attached Link: http://www.dragool.com/PhilCskullcaps01.zip

And now a round of applause to Ivyroses. She has put up a mirror site for the file.

Many thanks :)

pcooke@philc.net

Misfire ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 2:32 PM

Phil for P.M.! :-)

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 3:06 PM

Hey Hun, Thank you for sharing another perfect idea and work for us all to have. This helps users and creators alike. -Hugs- Much appreciated!

The Art Door and Rendervisions Community.
For Artists By Artists

shadownet ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 3:36 PM

Thanks Phil. BTW, I was totally lost in the cloth room until I followed your p5 dress tutorial. Mega thanks for the lesson. :O)

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 4:06 PM

heyas; cool! what kind of mapping did you put on them?

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 4:12 PM

Cylindrical tilted 35 degrees on the x axis to bring it in line with the crown, join at the back.

doldridg ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 6:06 PM

Thanks, Phil, these are going to come in very handy!

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 7:21 PM

Phil, email is on the way. Thanks again! And thanks to Ivyroses too!

womble ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 6:47 AM

Thank you :) You're a star

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.