Tue, Oct 22, 2:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Collision in Poser 5

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 11:22 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:52 PM

Heya all, I have seen that I can check "collision detection" on each bodypart of a Figure. Does someone know how it works and forwhat it is good for? thanks in advance Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

_dodger ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 11:43 AM

You know how easy it is to accidentally stick Vicky's hand right through her thigh? Or how hard it is to make someone hold a prop without embedding the fingers in it? Collision detection determines if one thing goes through another thing, and usually has the option to simply prevent it from happening, sometimes with further options to choose what items are deflectors or collapsors, what fold pattern collapsors use when hitting a deflector, and so on. Or sometimes it simply makes the crossing poitn light up really bright as a warning. I don't know exactly what Poser 5 settings are available, because I cannot afford it, but that's what collision detection is and what it is for.

jelisa ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 12:39 PM

I don't have P5 here in front of me, but first you need to turn on collision detection for the scene. That's one of the little round circles at the lower right of the image window. Next, select each body part and turn on collision detection. If the item is a parent, then you can also turn on collision detection for all children (not sure of correct terms used). You then use the manipulation tools to pose the figure. I'd heard that after the patch was applied that the parameter dials worked as well, but I haven't tested that yet. -darlisa

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 1:37 PM

thank you very much ... jelisa and dodger works fine :) Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 2:32 PM

If you turn colision on from the hip pressing the button sets it on for the whole figure, be careful tho, if you have 2 figures in the same place when you switch collision on Poser is likely to go bang.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.