Sun, Oct 6, 5:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: realistic eyebrows???

Dave ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 12:03 PM ยท edited Wed, 28 August 2024 at 8:47 AM

I have been racking my brain trying to create realistic eyebrow texture for a Mike2 character. Every attempt I make looks really blocky and like fuzzy spiders. Anybody know where I might find a tutorial or something to lead me in the right direction? Thanks, David

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 1:05 PM

I don't know of one, but here's my tip (for what it's worth)... If you're using Photoshop, switch Brush Dynamics on and set it to fade after 64 steps (adjust this to suit the template size and the length of eyebrow hairs you're painting). This will help fade out the hair tips and give them more of a pointed appearance, like real hair.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Dave ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 1:18 PM

Which version of Photoshop are you using? David

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 1:20 PM

My Store

My Gallery

Dave ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 1:33 PM

I was using 7 and even with all the bells and whistles it still looks like fuzzy spiders.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 1:40 PM

All I can suggest is practice and patience. It takes me hours to draw anything like a decent set of eyebrows, and I check my work frequently. Assuming you haven't already tried this - get hold of a transmap for Mike and study how they eyebrows are painted. Then, try to copy that.

My Store

My Gallery

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 8:01 PM

I wonder if that will work in Photoshop Elements. I'll have to check it and see. Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.