Fri, Sep 20, 7:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: I need help with a Poser5 issue.

trogboy ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 11:43 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:38 AM

I own and older version of 3ds max with poser4 propack that allows me to bring pz3 files into 3 d studio max for animation renders. The problem is it wont bring poser 5 pz3 files in. it says something about a high face count or some weird message like that. is there a way to convert the poser 5 to poser 4 pz3. I dont know enough about vertex or polygons to know whats happening here. can anyone suggest how i can convert the poser5 pz3 to make max think its a poser 4 one?

ronmolina ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 11:50 AM

I dont think you can but if you find a way let me know. Ron

Nosfiratu ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 12:14 PM

This has not been tested or supported, since the plug-ins are not designed to work with Poser 5. That said, if you want to try it: 1) Be sure you have no Poser 5 features in your scene (shaders,hair, cloth, etc.). 2) Try opening the scene in P4. If it works, go ahead and try hosting it. Sorry if it sounds redundant, just make sure you have no P5 features in use. Alternatively, you can try using P5 figures in P4.

trogboy ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 4:05 PM

file_27760.jpg

I tried it and here is the error message i get.

DocMatter ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 4:32 PM

It looks like you're trying to use Don, which is a P5 feature.

ronmolina ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 6:51 PM

Hey move the geometry to the ProPack. Ron

trogboy ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 7:45 PM

Will that work? well let me find out if it does.. Thank you.

trogboy ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 8:32 PM

file_27761.jpg

Yeppers... Thanks. All i needed was to transfer clothes, object and some other stuff from p5 geomotry directory to the p4. exported the pz3 file and its animation very niceley.. now I have to see if the max4 max file i saved will load into max5. seems round about but I contacted curious lab and they have no intention of making a pz3 to max5 plugin anytime soon. its too bad. PS excuse the large azz gif file. i just wanted to show you how much better the render quality is in max. even though is a 127 gif colors.

ronmolina ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 8:34 PM

Cool! Ron

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.