Fri, Sep 20, 1:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: How to convert a conforming cloth into dynamic cloth ???

crusher0000 ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 6:37 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:37 PM

I tried several ways to export the conforming cloth as obj. and re-import the same with weld identical vertices selected. But when the dynamic cloth is calculated the object is broken along the seams of the different materials applied to this object. How can i weld those verts between the different materials ? I know the object for the dynamic cloth needs to be in one piece.

Wombat ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 6:54 PM

http://www.grafxcreations.com/new/web/tutorials/poser_5_tut_01_01.htm This one should help. Thomas

Wombat ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 6:55 PM

Addition: Never export obj from poser to make this. Copy the obj from the geometriesfolder instead! Thomas

wayneout ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 11:49 PM

How about Judy with respect to zeroing the figure? Her natural pose is not the same. If you took the file from the geometries folder, wouldn't you use the pose that she normally has? I am not sure about it. I haven't had that much luck with any of my attempts. BIll When I say the pose she normally has, I mean how she loads in the doucment window.

hpdrag ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 2:09 AM

when importing the .obj activate the check 'weld identical vertices'; then the breaking stops.

Chris ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 2:21 AM

Thomas: sometimes the OBJs from geometries folder dont fit the figure. And sometimes there are bodyparts in it that needed to conform it to the figure, but they are not needed to make a dynamic cloth with it. Take a look at the Vicky Bikini Button OBJ ... it has bodyparts like the abdomen in it too. So I think exporting / importing the conformed cloth is better at this time :) Here it works perfect :) Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 3:49 AM

i'm still figuring this out so if i end up talking twaddle pleae forgive me ;o).....but the manual says any clothing must have all polygons connected...so say your dress (for want of a name) was created in two parts like a dress and a bodice, unless the maker made sure every vertice where the bodice joins the skirt was welded to each other, or in exactly the same place so you can weld it won't work...which before the release of P5 i don't think most cloth makers where doing, its a difficult thing to do and spoils the look of the mesh, i think thats why the clothing in the dynamic prop library is very simple....thats not to say that someone won't find a way around this mind :o)...Steve Duh i should learn to read properly before replying LOL the only way i can think of is open it in a 3d app and do it by hand, you'll have to delete polygons then re-weld, then i think you'll need to subdivide along the seams to make it look sharp, and then remap

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 5:13 AM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/tutorial4.htm

You may find the tutorial I have written helpful.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.