Fri, Sep 20, 8:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: What the @^&^*#%^@%& is going on at DAZ????

Rhiannon ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 1:18 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:33 AM

Is it DAZ, or is it me? I can't seem to get to the website, anyone else? Rhi

VI_Knight ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 1:22 PM

No problems here. I am on their site right now.

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 1:24 PM

I was just there too, don't know what's up. Try refreshing. Marque

nnuu ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 1:38 PM

are you on a mac?.....cause i have problems getting into the store on my mac.....but it does load up eventually....but on my pc it loads fine....i think it has something to do with the applet .... nnuu

spratman ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 2:05 PM

I'm on a Mac, running Netscape 7 and it runs fine... got a dead link for one sale item but other wise fine. Just bought something I shouldn't have and it's yer fault for making me check it out. lol ;-)

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 2:13 PM

Yes I was just there as well, downloaded that scrumptious free casket.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

spratman ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 2:14 PM

Just checked it Explorer, works fine there too. Still on a Mac.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 2:54 PM

The applet crashes my IE... the blue progress bar moves to full and starts over at empty, over and over until it all crashes. Have to load NS just for DAZ now and hate it!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 2:59 PM

I think it's strange that Mac folk would use a Microsoft browser anyway.

NS Communicator 4.7x is best for Mac..if you can still find it. The NS web links for it are always broken these days.

Mag CDs often have it though.

lordbyron ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 3:01 PM

I ger the same problem as hmatienzo with the progress bar on both IE and Netscape. Why is this happening?

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 3:07 PM

I just turn off the applet and it works fine :)

Rhiannon ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 4:03 PM

Sorry guys ... seems that my own problem had to do with my ISP. I started checking various other websites, and it was hit or miss with them as well ... could get to some and not others. Technician gave me a static DNS to use until they correct the problems and I can get there fine now, just seems to be some trouble in my area. thanks! Rhi

rodzilla ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 6:50 PM

"NS Communicator 4.7x is best for Mac..if you can still find it. The NS web links for it are always broken these days." ok have you tried the ftp???...my ftp prog shipped with a link built in to this and some other ftp's of note...netscape was still a "major player" at that time...but the link still works,the site is still there. ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/ plug that into your browser for all the netscape software you can deal with,almost all versions are there,the 4.x are in the "communicator" folder.

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 8:42 PM

Maybe my firewall is preventing me from getting there. I'll keep giving out the link to Mac MP customers then.

rodzilla ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 10:13 PM

the ftp is up and running,might be a firewall or browser issue...it is an ftp,so you need to login,but if perhaps you've set your browser to not automatically use an anonymous logon...most default to this,but if it's been changed you'll likely get errors or at least not very far :) i downloaded 4.8 from there not so long ago,and checking tonight it is all still there,all NS versions from 3.03 to 7 in all languages and all versions,pc,mac and even unix where applicable...both the little auto-downloader type of installers[yuck]and the full installation files too.it's one stop shopping for all things Netscape.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Fri, 18 October 2002 at 11:18 PM

The problem with Netscape 4.7 for Mac is that it doesn't work for a lot of websites. I hated to give it up, but I finally had to upgrade to 7. Don't have many problems with it, but I have IE, Netscape and AOL for my Mac. If one doesn't work, another one usually will.

rodzilla ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 1:23 AM

i'm on a pc myself,but i started out with netscape and stayed with it till the 4.x series,then i switched to IE for the same reasons you just stated,compatibility,i got tired of pages loading funny or not at all...this will all just get worse as web development marches on and leaves these browsers behind...the truth is NS 3.x is the fastest browser going,noticeably faster than ANY version of IE in fact....but it's old and has way more problems with stuff on the web than even NS 4.x does now...things don't always get better do they?anyway the point is it ain't a mac problem its an obsolete netscape software problem.i still have NS 4.8 loaded on my sys but only to use the mail client these days...there is mozilla,it's the NS 4.x source code gone open source and supposedly updated...i don't know if it's still in public beta,or if there's a mac version tho

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 12:34 PM

There's also Opera. It is still beta for Mac, but you might give it a try. It is VERY fast.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.