Sun, Oct 6, 8:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 3:07 pm)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: First Writers' Contest is now being judged!

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 10:16 PM · edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 10:34 PM

Hey - the first contest is now in the hands of the judges! Whew! For a new forum, there was a very nice number of entries. Hopefully we'll have the results by 21 October. My e-mail was down for a few days, so I just sent everything off. If there's a delay in the results, you can thank my cable company! There were some excellent stories submitted, and it's going to be a tough contest! Now I get to take it easy for a few days before worrying about another contest! ;-) Thanks again to everyone who entered. There's real talent out there. Boingy! Boingy! Crescent is doing the happy dance!

cambert ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2002 at 5:52 AM

Good luck to all who entered. Looking forward to reading all the pieces.

SndCastie ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2002 at 4:04 PM

Yes good luck to all who entered sitting on pins and needles till judging is over LOL.Don't expect to win but was a challenge to try and write for the first time thanks for giving us this opertunity.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

Crescent ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2002 at 8:04 PM

Due to several technical difficulties - my e-mail being down for several days, the Rendie server blowing a gasket, etc., the winners will be announced 28 October. Sorry about this. Hopefully we're getting all the possible glitches in the first contest so all the rest of them will go smoothly. Thanks for being patient! These stories are worth the wait!

deemarie ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 5:51 AM

On behalf of the Magazine Team, I would like to extend a special thank you to everyone who entered the "Magazine Contest". All the entries were excellent! Also, a special thanks to Crescent for coming up with the idea and hosting the contest. The Magazine Staff appreciates your participation; best of luck to everyone! deemarie Renderosity Magazine Managing Editor

deemarie ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 10:40 AM

I promise the Magazine Writing Contest Winner will be announced on the 28th. Please accept my sincere apologies for the first delay. The downfalls of working with computers. Thank you for your concerns and I hope your fingernail-problem will be resolved shortly ;] deemarie

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 4:16 PM

Lee Press-On nails will help in the meantime. ;-)

deemarie ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 8:20 PM

Good thinking Crescent :) If you can't find Lee's you can always borrow Nancy's ;]

mysteri ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 2:56 PM

I assume we're all trying to be patient, but my calendar says October 28 and I can't find the results. Am I looking in the wrong place?

deemarie ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 3:32 PM

Heynow it is only 15:00 hours Rosity Time! Do not panic until the Rosity Clock hits 24:00 ;]

mysteri ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 3:40 PM

Okay, deep breath....

deemarie ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 3:43 PM

Watching as mysteri turns a Lovely shade of blue ;]

mysteri ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 4:09 PM

...ahhhhhhh In.... Out... :)

deemarie ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 4:20 PM

Whew I was about to call Cyber-911 or the Book OF Records People to let them know they had a new Entry for the "longest anyone had held their breath" ;]

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 6:36 PM

The winning names will be up in just over 1 hour. I have to get home and compare entries to entrants. The judging was so blind that even I don't know who won! ;-) Thanks for everyone's patience. We did say 28 Oct., we didn't say when on 28 Oct. Cheers! (And just what shade is mysteri right now, anyway?) ;-)

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 8:06 PM

I posted the winner, but the honorable mentions need to be sorted out. (There's confusion on story titles. I'm desperately waiting for the sorting of the runners-up.) Thanks for your patience!

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2002 at 10:05 PM

Well, the magazine staff decided they'd had their fun and the results have been posted. Thanks again to everyone who entered! There's a lot of talent on this site, that's for sure!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.