Tue, Oct 22, 7:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: DAZ, Platinum, and the old stuff.

jstro ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 9:48 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:28 AM

I was tempted to sign up for the DAZ Platinum Club but when I read the product description it said "Your yearly membership entitles you to purchase individual products within the Platinum Club for $1.99 (one dollar and ninety-nine cents) each. Every product within the Club is always $1.99." This leads me to believe that not everything is a Club product. Is that correct? The main thing I'm interested in is their collection of animals in the older section of the store. Joining the PC would not help me out in that regard, would it? jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 9:56 AM

You are correct. Not everything is in the platinum club. You do however get 30% off any DAZ created items, even if it is on sale. Meaning you get the sale price and then 30% off. So in that sense you do get a benefit. You can see what is in the Platinum Club without being a member if you want to see if it would be worth it or not. I personally think it is.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 9:56 AM

It may help, because many of DAZ's other items are discounted by 30% to Platinum club members. I suggest you contact them for clarification.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 9:59 AM

You are correct. Some but not all things are discounted....you can tell because the Platinum discount is shown on the items that qualify. Some things I've been looking at that cost $25 (too rich for my blood) are $1.99 right now and that has made the membership worth it to me (the cost of the items with the cost of the membership is less then the cost of the items without the membership; but then again I'm buying something I probably would have passed on before). I'm wondering, though, if they may change which items are discounted which may mean that some things that are not discounted now will be at a later time????

milamber42 ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 11:29 AM

"I'm wondering, though, if they may change which items are discounted which may mean that some things that are not discounted now will be at a later time???? " They added the answer the the P Club FAQ. Items are permamently added to the P Club.

bigdog1 ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 11:50 AM

Something I'm curious about is when Vicky 3 is released, if DAZ contiunes doing what they have in the past, she'll be on sale. Would she be a further 30% off for PC members?

Puntomaus ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 12:12 PM

You do however get 30% off any DAZ created items, even if it is on sale. Meaning you get the sale price and then 30% off.

No, you don't get additional 30% off on sales items. I just bought something that is on sale yesterday (besides some PC items) and they took only 30% off - got it for the same sales price as non PC members.

Maybe they should clarify this in their FAQ because I first thought too you would get the discount on sales items. But Anton already mentioned over at PP that this is not the case.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Jcleaver ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 12:44 PM

Anton also corrected himself. As I understand it from Anton and DAZ, if it is created by DAZ, you get the additional 30% off. If it is a brokered item, then you don't.

Graham_B ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 12:56 PM

hmmm, I got this in an e-mail from Reba Vest at Daz this morning: *** Platinum Club Annual Membership at DAZ 50% off ($49.95) through 23 October Reg. Price $99.95 You do not want to miss this amazing opportunity! Join the Platinum Club and buy any club product for $1.99. But that's not all! You will also receive a 30% discount on any DAZ original products in the Premier Store. Yes, that is an additional 30% off sale prices even! This is truly too good to pass up so don't delay!!*** And it quite clearly states that you get an additional 30% off sale prices, or at least that is certainly how I read it so there is clearly some confusion about this, perhaps someone from Daz would care to clarify it for us.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 1:20 PM

I bought the Charger Tack from the DAZ favo(u)rites page and that showed the double discount (didn't check the amount though).

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 1:24 PM

You might want to note that it isn't quite $1.99 for every store-equivalent item - many of the map packs have been sub-divided into several PClub items, which does have the advantage that you can be selective if you don't want all of the textures. It's like the way one of the early department stores (Woolies? M&S?) said "nothing over so-many d" in its advertisng but then priced, eg, saucepans and lids separately.

jstro ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 2:30 PM

Graham_B - i think that it is clear that the 30% off is on "any DAZ original products" and therefore not on brokered items. At least that's the way I read the same quote. I think I will pass. I am disinclined to pay membership fees anyway. That's why I've never joined the Sams Club. And it looks like the things I want, almost all of the animals, are not included. Thanks all. jon

~jon

xoconostle ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 2:38 PM

Well, I just joined up, and although I spent a lot of cash on a lot of items, so far as I'm concerned they've already paid for themselves and the membership in terms of savings. I only bought things I'm sure I'll use, but even so, that's a lot of stuff. Heck, just the Rulers and Treasures of Egypt items alone would have cost me more (at regular price) than the entire bundle I just got, including membership price. You can view everything available to members at the site even before you sign up. That way, you can assess whether or not it will be worth it to you. Remember, though, that new stuff comes out each week. I'd think that for even semi-regular DAZ customers, the PC would pay for itself over the course of a year, if not much sooner. I know I'm happy.

Kaal ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 3:09 PM

I really think the Platinum Club idea is quite good especially for financially challenged
people.
One saves up money, buys Poser and then finds out that one cannot create what one
wants to without spending a lot of more money ( God bless the people who provide
free stuff !)
Because I am only a hobbyist and our exchange rate to the US$ is not too wonderful, I
have to be very careful what I buy.
With some work on texture mapping etc. the stuff available for $2 is very useful,
although it might not be the latest and greatest

freyfaxi ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 4:31 PM

I just signed up for the Platinum Club last night after a bit of thought. What with the exchange rate differences between US and Australia...the reduced special membership available now seemed worth the expense. Add to that the further 30 % discount, and that make a very significant difference to what I'm going to be able to purchase in future. I'm only a newbie to Poser and 3 D , madly grabbing every freebie I think might be potentially useful (many thanks to all you talented, generous folks out there !). I think the Platinum Club is a great idea for newbies trying to find their feet. Sure, it's obviously designed as a marketing ploy to build DAZ's customer base...but thats what commerce is about. And, as an aside...I've been reading posts about folks having troubles accessing DAZ...all I can say is that I've never found a problem in the last month or so when I've visited the store from here Down Under.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 4:31 PM

They might add more of the old animals later, so keep watching. Right now, all they offer are the mosquito, ant, hippocampus, and Anton's songbird.

creativechaos ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 5:34 PM

I signed up a few days ago and have made a few trips to the store and back already LOL Keep looking around and finding more that I want. My initial purchace of 15 items, ran me 29.85....the tally of the stuff purchaced, 494.34! So for the initial drop of around 80 bucks, I got almost 500 worth of merchandice. WELL worth it IMHO. and the way I read it all of the DAZ original products are included in the 30% off, INCLUDING sale and introductory items. That's a definite added bonus. (And I believe most of the animals are DAZ originals, which you would recieve teh 30% off on and save a ton of money there as well)

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

BAM ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 7:16 PM

In another thread I indicated that I was not that interested in items in the Platinum Club. Daz, in an email to me, indicated that something may be afoot concerning the older items. It may have to do with the loft section. They indicated that there may be an annoucement about the loft next week. I know there's a lot of hedging in the above, but ...

creativechaos ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 7:53 PM

Hrmm....all the mysteries going on! Makes me really wonder what's goin on here

My Store              My Gallery

Remember...getting lost is the senic route to the eventual destination. (And a lot prettier than the straight road)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 9:53 PM

Little_Dragon, Those are all Anton's animals. A query, while I have you on the line, so to speak... has anyone modeled a troika-hitch? For a sleigh, of course, and I might have to modify it for polar bear or reindeer or charger (the only model I actually own, but I've been wanting the others for years!). And, no, I wouldn't hitch them all together... that would strain credulity even among us! Carolly

jstro ( ) posted Sat, 19 October 2002 at 10:58 PM

I've got a list of about 33 animals I'd be interested in, of which two are in the PC. As to the rest, even with a 30% discount, they would be way to expensive to buy. And since I'm not interested in much besides the animals, it just does not make sense to me. For folks that buy a lot a things related to Victoria, Michael, et al. the PC makes perfect sense. It's just not for me. I'll just have to keep working on my modeling skills in hopes of building up my own inventory. As the old saying goes, I've got more time than money. :-) jon

~jon

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2002 at 8:26 AM

Jon/jstro: If you don't have Anton's songbird, its cost + membership doesn't leave much to be made up past that $49.95 membership cost! Didn't check, but, as I remember, doesn't that item cost nearly $50?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2002 at 4:03 PM

... has anyone modeled a troika-hitch? That would be a Russian three-horse harness, correct? Sorry, haven't seen one. Sounds like it would be quite a project to assemble.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2002 at 10:50 PM

I looked at the Animal section without loging in with my PC membership and most of the animals are rather expensive. Login with my PC membership and if not priced at PC $1.99, most were priced with the discount at $10 off or there abouts. so joining the PC membership, you will save on animal packs. I joined mostly for the animals also. I had to take out my calculator and figure over next few months how much I was going to have to save n pay for what I wanted. Then I did same with with PC membership and discounts, and it's a real savings. If you never buy a Mike or Vicki thing, you save a lot in the long run on animals and objects like furniture. I would pull out the calculator and see what the savings is going to be for ya over a year of buying just the things you want. you have a year full of discounts, plus new things only available to PC members. If ya didnt do it at discounted PC member now, it's going to cost ya $50 more later for PC at full price. my 2 cents. BTW the song bird at $1.99 and the map pack for $1.99 regular priced is $34.95 and $19.95. the savings over a year, are gunna be nice for me.

tubedogg ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 1:13 AM

"I bought the Charger Tack from the DAZ favo(u)rites page and that showed the double discount (didn't check the amount though)." You may want to check your invoice. My basket showed the double discount until I went to the checkout, then it only showed the Halloween sale discount (it was 3 DAZ-original Halloween items). Despite what their FAQ & email says/said, going through the add-to-basket-then-checkout process leads me to believe their system does not apply both the P Club 30% off and other discounts, and I never saw a definitive response from Anton at PP (he said he was checking on it). I am waiting on a response from their sales department and I will let you know what I find out.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 4:26 AM

Little-Dragon, Right. Three-horses, high arch over the middle one with a bell. (Russians are big on bells, even the troika bells had names or messages on them.) Eeks... I just started humming Rachmaninov! Well, if it isn't in your data-base, it will have to go on the list of stuff-to-model... and that Christmas card idea goes into next year. Thanks for checking, Carolly

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 1:33 PM

tubedogg - looks OK on my invoice, it shows the PC discount before the Fav. discount and the numbers look plausibleish.

DAZ3D ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 4:08 PM

We apologize for this confusion. There was a bug in the system for two days, but it was then fixed. If any of you have not had these discrepancies already taken care of (check your online account for a voucher making up the difference), then please email us at sales@daz3d.com and Reba will set things straight for you. Thanks for your patience, we hope you like the Club! Steve Kondris DAZ Productions, Inc.

jstro ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 8:07 PM

Okay, my resolve has melted away. I'm going to join the club and hope that more anmimals eventaully get added. I've still got $50 left from my birthday, so what the heck. Now just have to wait for DAZ to e-mail me my password. Ah! Just got it. Off to shop now. jon

~jon

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.