Tue, Oct 22, 8:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: looking for a pocket watch, anyone know where to find one?

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 10:41 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:42 AM

Hi, I'm in the mood to do an Alice in wonderland pic, dealing with the white rabbit. Anyone know where I can find a nice pocket watch model? Thanks in advance.

dan whiteside ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 11:47 AM

Free one here, no textures, 3DS: http://www.cadmonkey.com/models.htm Better one, .OBJ, textures,$6: http://www.3dmodelworks.com/redir.asp?Page=thumb-show.asp%3FMODEL%3D101 HTH - Dan

Hiram ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 12:04 PM

If the above doesn't do it for you, I have a link at home I can send you later. It's an awesome antique with beautiful textures.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 12:09 PM

I hope you send the link, Hiram. I would love to have a pocket watch as well and the one you describe might be what I'm looking for. :)

whbos ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 1:55 PM

Alice in Wonderland. One of my favorite books. I had thought about redoing all the illustrations from that book and updating the story. But where does one find a good rabbit character? I wrote an "adult" version of Alice in Wonderland years ago, but misplaced it.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 2:40 PM

I think I know the one Hiram is mentioning, if you don't find the link then let me know as I just saw it the other night while reloading from my backups -> Very nice peice and Poser ready (I 'think' it came from PoserWorld/FairyWoods but could be wrong)

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 4:47 PM

Thanks all for your replies. I do need one that'll open and close as a figure in poser, since that's where I'll be situating it. Not sure if I'll be rendering the scene there, but I might. This is a somewhat simple project, but I want it to come out nice. Regards, Mab

Hiram ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 4:56 PM

Nope, although I think there is one in PWFW. I wish I could remember, but I do have it bookmarked at home. I'll be there in about 2 hours.

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 7:05 PM

(home now) yup, the one I have is from 'old' PoserWorld - pre paysite days. Also the readme says "Not for commercial use". If all else fails you might contact Steve at PWFW...

shadownet ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 7:05 PM

Bushi had a really nice pocket watch up at one time. Not sure if it is still available, but if it is that would be one to grab. It was very beautifully detailed as I recall. Unfortunately I lost the object file, so the cr2 I have no longer works. :O(

Spit ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 7:13 PM

I have one for Poser that I got when I joined the Props club two years ago. Yikes I have to renew. It started at BBay but Traveler does all the stuff so maybe you can contact him about it.

Hiram ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 8:55 PM

Attached Link: http://jlejolly.free.fr/cephalene/cadre1_eng.htm

file_28309.jpg

It's at Cephalene. It's a little har to work with, and unfortunately the chain isn't posable, but it's pretty nice looking.

Hiram ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 8:56 PM

hrmph! "hard" to work with.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 9:04 PM

Oh, that is a beauty. I couldn't find one at all at Poserworld but this one would do beautifully for what I had in mind (no, I won't steal the Alice in Wonderland theme...I'm no match for mabfairyqueen). Thank you for finding the link!

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 9:12 PM

Thanks Hiram, that might work.

shadownet ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 9:23 PM

This one looks very similar to the one Bushi did. If so, it is very nice. Off to grab it. Thanks :O)

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 9:58 PM

Not sure what you where planing for Alice's dress but do you know that ISO has just that - "AliceDress", just like out of the book!?! http://iso.power.ne.jp/ Or if you were looking for a 'younger' Alice you might try the Child Girl charater from Rubio'sRoom, she could easily pass for Alice if you give her blonde hair: http://home.att.ne.jp/yellow/RUBI/Rubio's_room.html

Hiram ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 12:18 AM

Just FYI, I'm fairly certain the ISO dress is for Posette, but I could be wrong. I started an Alice set of figures a long time ago when I first started with Poser. I got Alice, the White Knight, the Mad Hatter, and the White Rabbit all done and lost them in a hard drive crash. I still haven't managed to get the heart to try and start all over. I did get started on a caterpillar though.

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 5:56 AM

Thanks igohigh. Who were you asking, me or Hiram? I do have an alice character that I put together myself. I used Jim Burton's Little French Maids dress on the Preschool girl and Kozaburo's Alice Hair. Jim's set has little maryjanes shoes and everything. Really cute. I was going for the sweet little girl style of Alice. It's not intended as a long drawn out project for me, just one picture for the fun of it, because it seemed like it would be neat to do, but I want it to come out nice. I've already taken Bloodsong's BF version of the cat and unwrapped the mapping further in UVmapper pro and then used the 9 lives version of the cat by....(I'll have to look it up).... which version was converted into a rabbit by...(have to look that up too)... and pointed the rabbit version of the cat to the new improved mapping of the cat that I did. Basically, using Bloodsong's remapping as a base, I fixed as many of the parts of the map that had overlapping polygons as I could and remapped the feet and head completely. I had to do that so I could paint a vest on the cat/rabbit. :o) These little projects always have a way of getting more involved than I first planned. I'm still working on a picture using the Hydra by Michael Lane.

Elsina ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2002 at 4:02 AM

Attached Link: http://it.geocities.com/mylittleworld3d/

There is a watch here as well.

My gallery @ Renderosity

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.