Wed, Sep 18, 12:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Using Sea,less Tiles on clothes

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 2:28 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 3:50 AM

Okay I just purchased SS Texture Tools from Daz3D, in hopes of making some clothes for my poser peeps, anyways I have no clue on how to use them so if anyone can direct me towards a tutorial or somthing to help me implement these textures that would be very helpful. Also Im looking for a long style dress, midevil, type noble style or something of that nature to apply these textures to so if anyone Knows of a good dress like that for vicky perferably free(already spent my poser allowence for the month...:-(, that money dont last around here to long...:-)) thanks again Dark_Raven

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 2:29 PM

oh i forgot to mention I have PSP7 and PS7 so tutorials for either will be fine Dark_Raven

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 3:15 PM

I have those textures, they are wonderful, what you do is after you find your texture map, you are going to choose for example parts of the dress, mask it and then apply one of SS textures to it. Like fill the area masked....does that help...Sharen

queri ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 4:17 PM

Poserstyle.net has a superb medieval dress in their free stuff. Several different areas to texture and vary. Emily

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 11:22 PM

hmmm yes Sams3D that kinda of makes since I havent realy got the hang of using mask in PSP7 or PS7? Also will that technique work if you want to start say with a template of say a dress or shirt and you want to use one of the seamless titles to decorate the whole peice of clothing that is what my question was really refering to doing. sorry about the confusion but Im very interested in using your method if I can just figure out how to effectly use mask if you know a good tut on that I would be very interested. Thanks queri I will go there now and check out the dress. you both have been helpful thank you Dark_Raven

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 1:15 AM

I use multiple layers. Put a new layer on, pick out the areas I want to colour, and then use the fill tool. If I want to use several different textures on one dress then I just fill the first new layer with a flat colour, this gives you a guide, and you can then use susequent layers, just picking out the areas you want. I have found that the easiest way to do this is to use the magic wand tool to select the background, and then hit invert in the selection drop down box. After that you can just click on each shape with the wand, and fill that area with the chosen texture. BTW it is sometimes better to extend the selected area by one or two pixels before filling to make sure you don't get any visible, unwanted seams on the final product. Don't know if this is the recommended way, but I find it easiest.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 12:27 AM

I cant seem to find the midevil dress at poserstyle I went to there site and looked for it but they had textures for the dress for free but no dress is there a dirct link you can send me? Thanks Dark_Raven

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 1:37 AM

Another question is How do I mask parts of the dress, then apply a texture I been playing around with that since my last post and cant seem to figure it out in psp 7 or ps7 if any of you can help please send me a little step by step by e-mail or post it here would be helpful and you have some free time to spare thanks again Dark_Raven

yggdrasil ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 7:02 AM

Attached Link: http://www.poserstyle.com/freestuff.php3?pageNum_free=2&totalRows_free=25

The dress is at the top of the third page of freestuff (link above). -- Mark

Mark

yggdrasil ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 7:05 AM

PS on Poserstyle the next, previous links to page through the sections are near the top above the first thumbnail (I didn't realise they were there the first couple of times I visited - too small for my eyes). -- Mark

Mark

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.