Sat, Sep 21, 4:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Wake up! Carrara 2.1 - go get it

whkguamusa ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 2:47 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:35 PM

Eovia web site (mac and win both, english only right now)

litst ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 9:31 AM

Attached Link: http://www.eovia.com/download/updates_car.jsp

I gotta say Eovia has made a great work with this patch ! Just look at all the bugs fixes and you'll be impressed :) Only flaw : you'll have to do a fresh install ... litst

keithw ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 1:51 PM

What do they mean by "fresh install". Do they want the us to install the 2.1 update over the unpatched Carrara 2? Keith

litst ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 2:13 PM

That's it, if you have patched Carrara 2, then do a fresh install and run the new patch . If you haven't patched Carrara 2 before, no need for the fresh install, just run the patch . litst

shihp ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 2:24 PM

Following is a quote from the Yahoo Carrara group regarding the "fresh installation" of the new patch. =================================================== From: Arnaud Berry Date: Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:35 pm Subject: Re: [Carrara] Re: Carrara 2.1 Update Hi, The Carrara 2.1 updater includes the fixes of the first patch. You can install it either on Carrara 2.0.0.16 (cd version) or on Carrara 2.0.0.21 (patch1 version). But as some users had difficulties installing the first patch, we recommend installing C2.1 on a clean install. Arnaud. At 07:35 10/23/2002 +0000, whkguamusa wrote: >It is downloading pretty fast here on my slow dial up. > >One question on the note that comes with the download email: > >"NOTE: >We recommend that you reinstall your current version of Carrara Studio >2.0 BEFORE installing this update." > >Does this mean we have to do a clean install then apply patch1 - then >patch2? Or does patch 2 take care of all the issues in one shot? > >The only reason I ask is that some apps (like CorelDraw 9) make you >install all the patches in order on top of a clean installation. > >Thank you > >mdc

litst ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 2:43 PM

Thanks Shihp, that does clear things up :)

Pinklet ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 3:34 PM

I installed it over my patched version and it installed with out a hitch. It seems to be working good. They did fix the problem in OS X 10.2. This is the patch that I have been weighting for. Now I can updated my computer at home with OS X 10.2 :)

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 1:41 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 6:40 AM

On my PC with XP I played around with converting AVIs to animated gifs with C2.1 today. It worked! before the patch it'd crash - didn't get around to checking much else out. BTW I tried applying the patch without reinstalling and ended up reinstalling anyway as I got memory errors when I quit the app. - TJ

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.