Tue, Oct 22, 7:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: New project in the works: Archeology Site

macmullin ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 7:06 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:26 AM

file_28684.jpg

I thought I would post a few quick texture renders(no bumps made yet nor on two of the props in progress) of a new project I started a while back - an Archeology or an Anthropology Site.

The props that will come with this are walking planks, retaining walls and planking, tarps, screen box, wheel borrow, archeology tools, specimen boxes, shipping creates, artifacts, stools, tables, maps & charts, a pose-able cottage tent and camping stuff.(still in the works) along with all their textures. I have placed a the default poser skeleton with a texture in the site pit to give every one an idea of what it will look like.

Do think this package will interest a few people?

macmullin ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 7:09 PM

file_28685.jpg

Second View

macmullin ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 7:09 PM

file_28686.jpg

Third View

Don ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 7:22 PM

Yeah, I could dig it. Neat idea. Props sound great. Suggest an area that will accommodate a larger skeleton than just humans. Dragon bones get dug up once in a while, for instance...

macmullin ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 7:38 PM

I am also thinking of building a sister site which will be geared to wards Paleontology. A flat bed-rock ground plain with Dino bones. But I will need to get good drawings of Dino bones in order to pull it off. Will have to research it for a while first before creating it. (this too implies dragons of old)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 7:55 PM

My God, that's wonderful! Yeah, if it's ready in time, I'll ask my Fiancee to buy it me for Christmas. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

macmullin ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 8:24 PM

Thanks for your encouragement. I hope to have it completed by the end of November. This will be my very first product perhaps - if the Renderosity store will take it on.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 8:25 PM

This is quite original and unique...at least I haven't seen anything like it. Great idea. I would sure consider buying it. It looks very interesting.

Lapis ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 8:35 PM

Cool idea with lots of spinoffs.

movida ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 8:37 PM

looks great

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 9:05 PM

I would consider buying if it's not too expensive. Marque

whbos ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 9:59 PM

It looks great. Anything along the lines of graves always interests me. The default Poser skeleton looks much better than the one I have. Must be a custom texture.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

PabloS ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 10:57 PM

Looks really good! I mean r-e-a-l-l-y good.

William ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 11:59 PM

Indiana Jones anyone... This has a lot of possibilities, I too would consider getting it if it wasn't too expensive. William

freyfaxi ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 12:46 AM

Verrrrry nice...maybe one comment...some sort of grid work ffor recording purposes ? Most of the sites I see these days in photos are being very well recorded . Also possible a couple of 'spoil' heaps, pottery shards ??

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 1:19 AM

It looks great indeed. And the texture on the skeleton is magnificent! I'll surely buy it if it's within the my reach (IE that I have in store credits for it ;o) ) I LOVE archeology/paleonthology.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

macmullin ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 5:37 AM

I still have lots of work to do yet on this project. I gave a just a general list of headings that props would fall under in my first post. There will be artifacts (i.e. shards, pottery, jewels, etc) depending on culture and their time periods. Cultural artifact packs could be products or freebees in the future I can create as projects. Freyfaxi there will be a string grid with stakes out lining the pit, a black and white recording stick and major tool kit(s) used in the study and practice of Archeology. There will be a range of about 50-60 items when finished with all their textures. I'm guessing at this time but the Archeology Site Pack will be perhaps fall in the range of $20 dollars USF

Michael_C ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 7:38 AM

Attached Link: http://home.att.net/~Karen.Crisafulli/archaeology.html

Nice, original idea. I've done a lot of archaeology as a volunteer. Take a look at my web site for a few photos from some of those projects.

My Store - My Gallery - My Freebies - My Web Site

macmullin ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 8:23 AM

I love your site ...will be spending some time there to read and look at your links and rings... I did a minor in university in anth and arch and worked on a class project on a Mic Mac burial site here in northern part of New Brunswick, Canada Can any one obtain the Hunley model... its wonderful?

Michael_C ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 10:53 AM

I'm thinking about doing something with the Hunley model, which is still very much in work.

My Store - My Gallery - My Freebies - My Web Site

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 1:38 PM

Might be interesting to add some "further digging" morphs to the pit so we could do a series of pics (or an animation) of the latest discovery emerging into the light.

macmullin ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 3:30 PM

RHaseltine,the pit does have morph targets along the outer edges. The four sides bend up or down each independently so you will be able to blend it into your terrain in Vue or any other app. I found so far that the Poser default ground plain cutting through the pit with the very same ground textures raised up or lowered down on the y-axis gives a good time laps photography affect that you are talking about. Stretching the pit itself with a morph target creates funny distortions in the walls of the ground textures.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.