Thu, Oct 10, 10:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Problem with Mimic CD

mazou26 ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 10:04 AM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 10:17 AM

I have a CD of MIMIC, but when I start the program with the CD-ROM in the computer, appears the next message: Insert CD-ROM. Could you help me?

Cheers ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 11:31 AM

Have the drive letters been changed since you installed Mimic? If so, the application may be looking at the wrong drive. Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 12:57 PM

I have not encountered this. Try emailing ryan@daz3d.com Good news is that we have already finished a downloadable version of MIMIC that will not require the CD. Anton DAZ3D Platinum Club

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

ronmolina ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 1:50 PM

Hey Anton can those of us who have purchased the CD from Daz get this download? Sure would be nice. Ron

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 2:00 PM

I really have no idea. It is part of the 2.0 version right now. I don't make those decisions Ron. Sorry. Right now our "want" list is pretty long. I will pass your comment along though. Anton

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

ronmolina ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 2:04 PM

Thanks! Ron

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 2:17 PM

What 2.0 version? Marque

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 2:23 PM

Marque, We are currently working on the 2.0 version of MIMIC which will be a much better program with a better interface and new features. More info on it will appear near the holidays. Anton

Artist3D ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 4:36 PM

Great news Anton.Can't wait for your "other" program also.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 9:03 PM

Thanks Marque

whbos ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 10:24 PM

One of my wants for Mimic is to have the option to just type in text or have a WAV file, but not be required to have both. When I have a WAV file, I don't necessary want to have to transcribe every word of it; and when I just want to use the text, I have to create a dummy WAV file. There should be an option to not be required to have both. Otherwise, it's a great program and I'm looking forward to the upgrade.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

EricofSD ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 1:20 AM

Will the DL version be available to DAZ Mimic CD buyers? I hate having to tie up my drive with it and don't really want to buy it again. Also, will Mimic be Don/Judy ready? Little Dragon suggested that an alteration in Morph Manager would make the blinking work, and that was correct, it did, but then I found that the poser figures patch would not update Judy after making MM changes. Had to delete Judy and reinstall P5 then reinstall the patch to get the updates.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 4:51 AM

You don't have to type it in and play the wav file, picks up fine for me. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 4:51 AM

You don't have to type it in and play the wav file, picks up fine for me. Marque

PheonixRising ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 5:12 AM

I really am not so far involved that I can go into alot of depth. I can say that Mimic is acually capable of more than we thought. Seems the capabilities were a bit scaled back either due to the limited number of morphs available for P4 or lack of familiarity with Poser Figures at the time the company orginally made Mimic. Whether Don or Judy are Mimic compatible is not in our hands. That is up to CL and whoever they hired to modify the meshes and make new morph targets. We are not involved with those figures as you may know. Mimic's results are really based on the morphs they are designed to work with. Right now the P4 figures "seem" to work best because the phoeneme settings within Mimic are set to respond to those morphs. Those figures were the only ones that existed for Poser at the time so Mimic was kinda made just for them. The Mil figures, which came later, have different faces and a larger range of morphs. Obviously they will become what we will re-tune the setting to consider "normal". Though any figure can work with Mimic. Mimic works by assigning sounds to morphs and combining morphs for more sounds. When it hears a sound it looks for the dials it was told mimic that sound. Right now the range uses very few morphs. Anything with a head can be made completely Mimic Compatible. The trick is to have the same internal names. Do a search for Mimic and look for a post by me about compatability. Even if CL does not re-tweak Don & Judy for Mimic 2.0 anyone can do it. But that is not something we are allowed to do. They have to do it. Really they just have to add the necessary morphs. You can do it. Anyone can but us. One of the first changes was to make to no-Cd version. 2.0 will not require a disk. I passed these requests along. I really have no idea. More info will come down the road. I'm just not informed about that part of it. Interface is sweet though. :) Also as we build things now we are making them Mimic Compatible. Updates for figures are simple enough and they are needed to keep your Daz figures chatty. But to be very clear, Mimic only works if the creator of the figure makes the figure compatible. Mimic cannot creat compatibility where non exists in the first place. I know posting here is convenient but always send an email to us directly. It is the best way to relay feelings and suggestions. Anton

PheonixRising ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2002 at 5:25 AM

Attached Link: Making figures Mimic Compatible

just to add to this... We have re-read all the Mimic posts and saved emails regarding the MIMIC wish lists. You'll love it. Lots of thought is going into it. We have been using Mimic internally since it was made so we had quite alot of ideas ourselves we are wanting to incorporate too. Also here is that link to the post I mentioned.

magnet ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2002 at 12:28 PM

Hi Anton, Its Brandon. I just purchased Mimic two days ago. Will there be an upgrade option? Thanks, hope all is well. Brandon

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.