Fri, Sep 20, 12:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: DAZ Mil Dragon Folks and Morphing Ponytail - questions.

scupper ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 10:14 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

Hi all. I recently picked up Vicky's Morphing Ponytail (and expansion), Mil Dragon Folk, and Spywear. Does anybody else have the first two? I don't think the Dragon Folk installed correctly, as all I get are the clothes and poses, but no CR2's for the actual characters. The readme isn't very helpful, but it seems to indicate I should be seeing Character library entries for the "folk" themselves. As for the Ponytail, are there supposed to be pose files included? It seems to indicate as much, but I can't seem to find em (Maybe I need to get some kind of Poser library management going.) Anyway, any help or advice on those two products would be much appreciated.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 10:29 AM

I have all three (gotta love that Platinum Club), although I haven't installed them yet.

From the description on the DAZ site, it sounds like you'll have Character entries for the Dragon Folk conforming clothing items and breath weapon, but the Dragon Folk themselves are apparently created with a couple of pose files (which apply the materials and turn the Dragon into a humanoid). I might be misinterpreting the ad copy, however.

tonymouse ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 10:37 AM

No, that is correct, the dragon folk will be found under poses as mat mor poses in the mill dragon dir, I believe (i am at work, don't have it in front of me.) Tony

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 10:44 AM

I think you have to have the dragon for the dragon folk don't you? Marque

scupper ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 10:48 AM

Okay. That seems a bit weak for a DAZ product, but okay. Maybe the original Mil Dragon raised my expectations too high for DAZ stuff or something, but everything I bought in my last go seems to be missing some useful components. None of the Mil Dragon Folk poses are anything like a "default" Poser pose, IIRC (I'm at work too, and don't have it in front of me.)

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 11:08 AM

Requires the previous purchase of Millennium Dragon Says it on the page where you select the dragon folk. You need to really read on some of these things, lots of them do need a previous product. I've been bitten before and learned my lesson. I think the dragon folk rock, been waiting for something like this for a while so I grabbed them. If you can afford the dragon you should go for it as well, they did a nice job on it in my opinion. Marque

shadowcat ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 11:18 AM

I've looked at them to, but I only have the LE dragon. I wonder if that would work or not?

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 11:21 AM

Actually I believe the "default" pose wouldn't be a human pose but a dragon pose. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 11:23 AM

If you have it installed and it's not bringing up the dragon folk then you must need the full version. I loaded up the dragon, then chose convert to dragonfolk proportions and scale under the Mat Mellinium Dragon under pose. Hope that helps. Marque

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 11:40 AM

I'm guessing that it would at least partially work with the LE dragon, depending upon how many morphs the MOR pose requires to reshape the dragon, in addition to rescaling. At the very least, you'd be able to use the textures and breath weapon.

Disciple3d ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 12:44 PM

You could always buy the original Caleb stand alone Dragon Folk. Oh, that's right, he got frustrated and deleted them from the market. Regards, Brent

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

scupper ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 12:47 PM

Well, the main reason I bought em was because they were $1.99. I'd really prefer it if DAZ would call this product "Dragon Folk Clothes and Poses for the Mil Dragon." I'd have picked up something else if it had been clearer, as the Mil Dragon isn't hard to pose like they've done as it is (only the long neck makes it hard to make him humanoid, and they don't get rid of that here.)

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 1:22 PM

It is clear on the page that you need to own the dragon. I'm sure if you get in touch with Daz they will give you a refund. Marque

scupper ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 2:07 PM

That's not my point at all. I own the Mil Dragon and was well aware that it was required for the "Mil Dragon Folks" to work. My issue is that the name "Mil Dragon Folks" is somewhat misleading, considering it's actually "Mil Dragon Accessories plus a couple poses." Except for the clothes, it's something you could make in about 5 minutes with the Mil Dragon, and involves no new morphs or anything.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 2:20 PM

Well to be honest if it hadn't been $1.99 I probably would not have been so quick to jump on it. As it was it was something I was looking for and don't have time (even 5 minutes) to mess with. I for one am happy with them. I think it was named appropriately and the description is pretty straightforward. Marque

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 2:55 PM
Site Admin

It works just fine with the LE Dragon, too. You use the Mat pose for size and proportion which reduces the dragon to the same size as the human Poser characters, then add the clothes and use the dragon Folk poses to pose him.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 3:33 PM

That's good to know martian. Marque

EricTorstenson ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 4:21 PM

In defense of DAZ, I suppose that there is more to the poses than simple dial settings (though I haven't bought them yet to say for certain). I have spent more time than I care to think about reducing wasteful cr2s into mor poses that assign the character morph data to a standard figure. It takes up much less room, and allows you to do some last minute switches, if you change your mind about who should be in which scene. By purchasing these sort of packages, I save a lot more time (which is becoming harder and harder to find) Even if they were didn't contain unique morph data for the figure, the clothing is probably worth the full price for some folks. As for the ponytail, there are poses I use, but I have the entire collection (before platinum....ugh). I'm not sure which package installed the poses. I would suggest all three packs if you haven't gotten them. There is a lot of variation between them all (though it will take time to figure them all out) eric

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 9:13 PM

file_29453.jpg

hey, great idea.

Philodox ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 1:09 AM

You mean the Changing Ponytail? Yeah, I've got that, and the Expansion and the "Maps and Poses" expansion... the only one that should come with any pose files is the maps and poses pack, and that doesn't include any MATs, just MORs... Unless you've got the Vicki A2Z set, you'll have to apply it's textures by hand (Why the A2Z pack came with MATs for the Changing ponytail, I'll never know, but I'm not complaining...)

lhiannan ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 8:19 AM

The Cr2's contain the clothing and breath weapon, yes. Then you have two Pose directories. "Daz Mil Dragon" contains just poses for the Dragon Folk. "Mat Millenium Dragon" contains the actual morphing files. These make him smaller, make the wings invisible and rescale certain parts (makes neck shorter, ect.) as well as containing a new dark green texture for the Folk. It also says this on the description page, or at least it did when I bought it, and there is a read-me to tell you where all your stuff installed to.

lhiannan ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 8:20 AM

And the Changing Ponytail poses should install to a Pose directory called "VCP" or "VCPC". Very cryptic and easy to confuse with the VCFS directory :P

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.