Mon, Oct 21, 5:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Sky Backgrounds for use in MAX

MRX3010 ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 6:12 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 October 2023 at 11:21 AM

I use Vue to make backgrounds for other projects but I have not been able to find the right final render size to work as a background for MAX. Well actually I did once but forgot the pic size I used then lost the file :o( Does anyone have an idea of what size I should use. I map the sky texture to a geosphere in Max if that helps. I know this isnt the Max forum but I thought I would try here first. Thanks, X

gebe ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 6:38 PM

X, I'm sure somebody can answer to you, but unfortunately I don't have Max and cannot be helpful here. Please be patient:-) Guitta

kongorilla ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 12:03 AM

Rather than apply the rendered sky to a geosphere, you can save some work by using the pic as an environment map with spherical environment mapping (if using Max 5, the directions are under "Environment Dialog" in the online help. If using Max 4, check under "Environment" in the online help).

The "right size"? I guess that depends on the resolution of the final render. Huge is okay, though it takes up memory during rendering, too small and you see filtered pixels. There isn't a "right" size for every project. Just keep trying larger panorama sizes until you don't see pixels anymore.

MRX3010 ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 10:50 AM

Thanks for the help I'll check out the online help. Wish I could remember those settings I used though it was perfect lol. Later, X

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 01 November 2002 at 4:08 PM

Whatever size your final render will be...i generally render at 800x600 so have a stock of skys at that resolution..Steve

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.