Thu, Sep 19, 10:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Trying to figure out shaders...

aeryk71 ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2000 at 10:58 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:41 PM

file_124664.jpg

Anyone know of a way that I could make it appear to have a lip around the "Window?" Thanks, Eric

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2000 at 5:37 AM

I dont, But COOL shader! Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

aeryk71 ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2000 at 9:48 AM

Thanks Clint! It's 1 part LHS and 2 parts Shades of reality :-) Aeryk

headgamer ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2000 at 11:13 AM

Aeryk.... Hints on how it was done? Headgamer

aeryk71 ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2000 at 11:48 AM

Sure! Multiply in the color channel. Part one is a multiply. In left multiply, Stone shader from Clint(Force drop), in right, Bricks (From LHS set to 8, 16, I think) in second channel a Blender. Part opne of blender I forced drop of Orange cloud shader (Also from Clint) Part 2, Was a value, I think, and multiplier was Spots (Set them to be not very many, and bigger) The "window" is a drawn on layer using the rectangle button at the top and forcing a clear shader onto it. (Hope this helps... I am trying to remember the order that I used, and might have it a little wrong.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2000 at 12:41 PM

lip, as in having the appearance of thickness in the spherical shell? by retouching post-render the sphere is just a shell, as you see here, not a solid, so you can't just subtract a smaller sphere from the center of the larger sphere you could try putting an identically shaded smaller sphere inside, which would at least make the retouching easier other than that, one would might jump into the mesh editor, after subtracting the window from both spheres, try to join up the window edges of the two spheres, then add back the window as a separate object I guess it's a sort of "extrude" operation

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2000 at 1:44 PM

You need to create a bump in the exact location of the 'window' (on a Mac you option-drag the transparency level -or entire shader- to the bump channel to exactly duplicate location. I'm sure that PC has a similar function) The window would have to be solid black in the bump to give you maximum depth. Check out how I assembled the 'Water Globe' shader in the free download section. On that one I created depth by duplicating the 'wires' to highlight, transparency and bump channels to fake dimension. Mark

aeryk71 ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2000 at 2:05 PM

Awesome! Thanks Everyone. I'll play this evening. Aeryk

bretford ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2000 at 9:37 PM

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! Bricks is Eric Winemiller's, who is the head honcho over at www.digitalcarversguild.com . I do have free shaders available also, one is a new procedural wood shader, and the other is a comprehensive noise shader, check them out at www.losthorizonsoftware.com Brian P. Retford Carrara Extensions www.losthorizonsoftware.com

aeryk71 ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2000 at 10:06 PM

Oops! I am so sorry Brian! I have both things, and when it is late, i can not remember what belongs to who. Again, I am very sorry... I'm sure that you will be seeing my credit card number soon! Feeling stupid, Aeryk

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.