Fri, Sep 20, 5:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Help - no shadows!

gordons ( ) posted Sun, 03 November 2002 at 9:10 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:30 PM

For some reason my (P4 pro pack) render is not showing any shadows even though the lights are set properly. If I start a new scene I can get shadows no problem but not with the scene I've been working (and working) on. I even tried just sticking a prop sphere in, I deleted all the lights and tried a spot and infinite light with full intensity and shadow, with no luck. Any ideas are appreciated.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Sun, 03 November 2002 at 10:00 PM

I usually have this problem if I use a building or wall prop that someone else has made. I can load a figure and have shadows on the figure but when I load one of the building props, the shadows on the figure go away even after moving lights where they would display shadows and I have no idea why. It's puzzeling because I can get shadows everywhere else but not on the figure.

Hydra ( ) posted Sun, 03 November 2002 at 10:02 PM

Make sure you have shadows turned on for each of the lights in the "lights properties", and also ensure "ground shadows" is checked in the display drop down menu.

Hydra

webvogel ( ) posted Mon, 04 November 2002 at 12:38 AM

Try asking the creator of your props to check for ambient light on the original model! I have made some props for poser with truespace, with some ambient light,and it was impossible to have shadows in poser on the props/chars later.

hpdrag ( ) posted Mon, 04 November 2002 at 2:01 AM

Choose the shadowlight cameras and zoom there nearer to the scene. This will force the render engine to calc smaller shadow maps and you get better shadows.

MadYuri ( ) posted Mon, 04 November 2002 at 6:54 AM

I had the same problem once and did try many things to no avail. Later I rebuild the scene with the same figures, props and lights and it worked without a problem. go figure

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.