Sat, Sep 21, 11:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Blender?

MaDtrOll ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2000 at 5:50 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:50 PM

has anyone ever used blender? any good?

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2000 at 6:13 PM

Are we talking software....?.....or do you want a Marguarita? Scarab <-likes peach daquiris.....with little umbrellas....

dlfurman ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2000 at 8:48 PM

Blender: Modeling software... I've yet to pop my Linux HDD in to play with it. There is a a Windows version, but I don't have that one.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

dlfurman ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2000 at 8:48 PM

Blender: Modeling software... I've yet to pop my Linux HDD in to play with it. There is a a Windows version, but I don't have that one.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

DEL ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2000 at 8:50 PM

I dabbled, but didn't stay with it, it has a odd interface.

Ede ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2000 at 3:11 AM

yeah, the interface is really odd but the features are not bad

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2000 at 5:26 PM

heya; i have the demo/freeware version. i like it, it is hella fast to use, once you get used to it. and it has splines and metaballs (which i dont even have in my 300+$ apps!), and this cool vertice randomizer function... but, it doesn't export anything useful, like obj files, so... i cant really use it for making poser morphs and stuff. i asked about obj import/export being added in and the response was 'not likely!' http://www.blender.nl/ (for the curious.)

Jedi-Fist ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2000 at 1:40 PM

I use LightWave almost exclusively at home and at my place of business... I like the idea that someone is always trying to build a better mousetrap... I mean modeling software. If I'm on the road with a Laptop and I have to leave the LightWave dongle at home (expensive piece of hardware) I need some software to model with. Blender would be a great choice, but from the looks of it... it doesn't export LightWave files. Too bad.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.