Sat, Sep 21, 6:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: i need a Kanta sword ... PLZ (picture inside)

itsik_m_18 ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 10:49 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:30 PM

file_30541.jpg

HI ALL some one know maby where i can find a blade like in picture? or some other japaniz blade??? 10x!!!!!

mizombie ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 11:10 AM

try over at rDNA, they have a black one in the free stuff

itsik_m_18 ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 11:24 AM

u got maby a link to bring me?

mizombie ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 11:45 AM

oops sorry http://host1.bondware.com/~syydr/index.ez

genny ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 12:50 PM

Attached Link: http://yokohama.cool.ne.jp/tomiya910/

You can also try here, they have a Kantana Sword, (don't know if it's the same thing, and I am half Japanese, LOL) There is also alot of other cool Japanese stuff, so go check it out. (: Genny

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 2:10 PM

mertext has a free Black Dragon katana at M.C.Design, along with nunchucks, a daiyku and arrows, a kumade, and a manriki-gusari.

Greg Crowfoot has a katana among the weapons at GreyLight.

AofD has a katana at Ironclad Studios.

A "street samurai" blade is available at Ether Forge.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 2:38 PM

file_30542.jpg

like this one? Textured from teh pic above.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

odeathoflife ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 2:39 PM

Could make it available if you want (or don't want one of the others)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

Replicant ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 2:57 PM

Do you have a photographic memory? Or a huge database of files cross-referenced by name, type, age, sex, genre and blood-group? You should start your own prop-reference agency. :o).

Expert in computer code including, but not limited to, BTW; IIRC; IMHO; LMAO; BRB; OIC; ROFL; TTYL. Black belt in Google-fu.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 3:31 PM

Selective memory. That's an excellent likeness, odeathoflife, although I think the original's hilt is slightly flattened. Will you be making the scabbard, also?

odeathoflife ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 4:28 PM

yeah I just noticed that the hilt looks to be a bit plained? on the sides, I will fix that up before posting... I thought og the scabbard and did make one, but couldn't get 3 bamboo's to adiquately cover teh blade. I will make one though, it just may not fit. :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

odeathoflife ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 5:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.members.shaw.ca/odeathoflife

file_30543.jpg

Here is an update to the Katana that I made..took some considerations, and fixxxed a bit, made a scabbard (and yes it fits :) ) Available for DL'd at my site and free stuff here...free stuff link will also take you to my site so going through here will be faster :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

odeathoflife ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 5:30 PM

file_30544.jpg

oh its smart proped to Steph (my character fo choice)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 5:55 PM

Thank you, ODOL! I love the "hidden" blades. For anyone who wants the story of swords like the above, when the Meiji government came into power in around the 1860s, they outlawed carrying a sword. Many from Samurai families and other kenshi (I hope that's the right word. Swordsmen?) did not like that, and found many creative ways to get around it. One was that bamboo walking sticks were very common, and just the right length to hide a katana blade in.

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2002 at 5:53 PM

heyas; did you forget your nudity flag, odie? when you sheathe the sword, it's supposed to look like one length of bamboo, so the hilt shouldn't be any different from the other bits. or so i thought. but i always wanted one of these. did you post it, odie, or do i have to be nice and stop calling you odie and ask you to send it to me? ;)

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 08 November 2002 at 6:45 PM

Attached Link: http://www.members.shaw.ca/odeathoflife

Damn yes I forgot the nudity flag !MY BAD! The katana shown is available in the free stuff here, or you can just cut the middle man and go here

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 9:16 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

there we go. thanks, odie :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.