Fri, Sep 20, 1:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Just playing with some bump maps and...

Buffer ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 9:49 PM ยท edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 7:44 PM

file_30641.jpg

Ever since buying poser 4.0 I have been unhappy with the inability to make cloth wrinkle as it would under normal wear conditions. So tonight I started playing with multi-layer textures and bump maps. The pictures show the results. It seems to me that bump mapping ads very very little to the overall look of the cloth or am I just not doing something correctly?

Buffer ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 9:50 PM

file_30642.jpg

This render done without bump mapping

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 9:56 PM

I always thought that Poser 4's bump mapping was somewhat anemic, myself. It's much stronger in Poser 5. And if you really want wrinkles, nothing beats displacement mapping.

Buffer ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 10:37 PM

Ohh displacement... is this a feature of Poser 5? Haven't been keeping up since I can't afford it right now and the more I learn about it the more I will want it.. damn pay checks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.