Sat, Sep 21, 5:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Poser Model on TV?

Rock_Bottom ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 5:54 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:31 AM

I was watching the History Channel on the Cable. They're running an add for a Special Program. It's called "Modern Marvels Boy's Toys." Towards the end of the spot they have this guy riding in a speed boat. He has a Martini in his hand. Then "POP!" a girl appears next to him. Just for a moment. That girl sure looks like a Poser Model. I believe the Hair she is wearing is the Gel Hair for Vicky. Has anyone else seen this? Or Have I been too long at the computer playing with Poser?

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 8:32 PM
Site Admin

I haven't seen it but Poser has been making a lot of appearances on TV, and in books and magazines. My IST 110 textbook has the P4 casual woman and the Poser dog in it...

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Nance ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2002 at 10:48 PM

I also caught that Hist.Ch. promo last night. I presume it was Vicky in the quick shot, and she was definitely sporting the Gel hair.

tempest0308 ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 12:33 AM

There is a commercial running on local stations in Indianapolis for the National Guard that has at least 4 Poser people in it. It has to be Poser (4) or something someone ported to another program! Anyone else seen this? Tell me it's Poser. Otherwise I need to get out more. Shawn

Buffer ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 12:42 AM

MTV made use of the base poser figures in a spot not to long ago as well. They used a cartoon shader so it was tough to pick up on it the first time.

milamber42 ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 1:01 AM

Yea. MTV used Poser for the Spring Break commercials a couple of years ago.

Gwiz ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 1:10 AM

I've also seen posette on Blind Date recently.

wgreenlee1 ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 2:15 AM

file_30915.jpg

You guys are either watching too much TV or Posing too much ....hehehe

c1rcle ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 3:37 AM

I remember seeing a music video on MTV last year done with poser4 people. I forget who it was by cause the song was rubbish, but at the end of the video the guys singing get taken away in a ufo.

DraX ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 5:43 AM

I've seen the Poser Dork used in the 3D images for many infomercials, too... usually for mattresses and stuff.

c1rcle ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 6:03 AM

maybe the "professionals" have finally woken up to the idea that Poser is a good tool to use.

anek ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 12:28 PM

Dork has made a few brief appearances on BBC News 24 recently.

DraX ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 3:52 PM

Actually, in many of the uses I've seen of Poser models on television, it appears to be used only because it's cheap.

DraX ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 8:37 PM

That video was Looooong before Poser was available, nu-be. Those were original meshes long before people could even dream about the kind of things we're capable with 3D Graphics today.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.