Fri, Sep 20, 8:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: importing mat & br4

zoku01 ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 12:35 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:26 AM

I'm new to bryce 5 and still learning. I am having problems importing mat, obp and br4 files. Am I missing something. Fogive if I seem dumb.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 1:41 AM

No dumb questions, we all start somewhere. br4, br5 files are opened just by going to the top menu selecting "File>Open..." .Mat files are materials. On the Bryce Interface Menu (Create, Edit, Sky & Fog), there is a small triangle to the right of the word "Edit", click it, it will take you to the materials library, click what heading you want your material under (glass, metals, etc). Then click "Import" at the bottom to import .mat files. .Obp's are the same situation, but choose the small arrow to the right of the word "Create", click what heading you want, click import, import your .obp's AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 1:41 AM

Click the triangle next to create if you want to import a model. This will bring up the pbject presets. Just press import, find your model, and click ok. You can also add models you made in bryce to the presets by selecting the model, clicking the triangle, and then click add. More materials, use the same process, only with the triangle next to the "edit" text. With a br4 file, just use file-->open. BR$ files are bryce scene files. Then select the objects you want to use, and add them to the object presets as explained above. Welcome to bryce!

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 1:42 AM

D'oh! You and me have the best timing AgentSmith ;)

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 1:43 AM

wow that's funny...we explained it exactly the same way in exactly the opposite order...LOL

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 2:09 AM

Hmmmm....

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

FWTempest ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 4:22 AM

ditto what they said, and add that, in Windows, if you are trying to open a .br4 file from withing Bryce5, then make sure you select .br4 files from the "file type" menu at the bottom of the "open file" dialog.

zoku01 ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 9:57 AM

Thank you all for the help it is much appreciated.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.