Fri, Sep 20, 3:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: Points of view: Which is better?

TygerCub ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 8:07 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:25 PM

file_31084.jpg

Although I've finished working on one of my renders, I really love an alternate point of view shot I captured at the same time... thing is, everyone I've shown it to seems to think the dude's a giant, and not just an odd camera angle.

So what do you guys think? Is this worth keeping and working through, or should it be scrapped and the finished picture used instead?

Poet pants found in PoserWorld. Hair and Beard from DAZ. Viking ship from somewhere on the web, whose sail I morphed.

TygerCub ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 8:08 PM

file_31085.jpg

Here's the one that's "finished"

redon634 ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 8:16 PM

I like the first one, with the dramatic POV.

Lorraine ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 8:24 PM

I guess my answer depends on what you want the viewer to focus on...the first one draws the focus to the figure of the man with the axe; the second more toward the background as the figure tends to be part of the background rather than the main image....I would use lighting on the second one to further focus the viewer; the first one tends to be more of an action packed view of hte first figure, but I cannot tell why he has to be so dynamic, a threat, a part of an invasion......the second one adds the guy with the pichfork which tends to confirm an invasion....... nice sky and scene though on both...

TygerCub ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 8:28 PM

Okay... let's try ENGLISH this time (note to self... don't type and try to watch TV at the same time)... Showed pictures to friends... think big dude is giant, and not the product of perspective... Do ya like it? Or is it doomed for the round file? CREDITS: Pants from PoserWorld. Beard/Hair from DAZ. Viking Helmet from Little_Dragon & Lemurtek. And Norman Knight from PoserGamers. Pitchfork from Mechanismo.

TygerCub ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 8:52 PM

oops... cross post. I'll go over here and be sheepish now. ba-aa-aa Thanks redon634 and Lorraine for the advice. Cool. I'll have to add

grypho ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 9:30 PM

The first POV is more dramatic and, I think, better composition overall. It's just more menacing having this guy looming over you with an axe while you are prone on the ground. I don't think the guy looks like a giant at all.

GizmoMkI ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 10:53 PM

I'm always a sucker for low camera angles.

Stormrage ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 11:12 PM

I like the first.. Very different POV and it looks like you are part of the action.. *Granted you would be laying on the ground looking up.. most likely dying from whatever he did to you * but I like that :)

Buffer ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2002 at 11:24 PM

Ditto on the first camera angle. I think you are looking for a sense of action here and the low camera angle makes it seem like you are being overtaken by a large half naked man with an axe. If that isn't enough to scare you, I don't know what is. The one thing that seems odd is that in the low POV you can't see the water which makes it seem like the boat is sitting on dry land. You might want to change the ground texture a bit so that you can assume this is a sandy or rocky beach being invaded. The beared man needs a more menacing weapon, maybe a large dual headed axe or something with a good spike on it IMHO.

Schlabber ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 4:27 AM

somehow this background-cloud reminds me of something :o) Nice usage of this ... and I have a lot more ... (but now back to work - to get this finished till X-mas) I like the 2nd more except of the dog - dogs don't behave like this when strangers appears. The first one gives a stronger scene ...

TygerCub ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 5:27 AM

Thanks everyone! I knew I shoulda stuck to my guns and finished working with the first camera angle. Back to work... Schlabber: The background clouds are part of one of the many wonderful sky packages here in free stuff. I've downloaded so many of these (and they're all numbered like, sky02), that I renamed many of them to help me remember what's what. As for the dog... (laugh), I figured, if a dog is afraid, then these guys are REALLY bad.

Schlabber ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 6:11 AM

ahem - wait ... you mean you downloaded THESE here at Renderosity in Freestuff !!?? If so - then this is a crosspost AT my site - and this would mean some sort of copyright violation - oh what was again the name for exactly doing this ?? However - you can find the original here: http://www.schlabber.org/walls/images.html And if you did so I want to have the link of it ... Hmm - to the dog ... It looks not afraid ... it looks simply somehow displaced there ... lol - another thing - it (the dog) throws no shadow ...

sturkwurk ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 9:16 AM

I like the first view, for it's immediate impact. The only distraction for me is the ships headpiece between the legs of the main character... makes me chuckle. I like the 2nd view because it tells more of a story. So it depends on what you're after. Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 10:53 AM

I like the first, The ship headpiece bothers me a bit as des the lack of grass and that but it works better to me .. Much more dramatic.

queri ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 1:30 PM

The first one. Throw some mist in between the main character and the ship. If you could, have some kind of object near him to give a clue to size-- a fallen helmet would do it. The second tells an interesting story, but the first is a great picture. Emily

TygerCub ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 3:30 PM

Schlabber, I went to your site and recognize the layout. It's entirely possible I downloaded the picture from there, so don't panic. I get 99% of my free items from here that I often forget where other items came from. Please don't feel snubbed for lack of your name in the credits. No offense intended, just poor file keeping on my part. Thank you for offering such a dynamic background!

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 6:05 PM

I like the first picture more - the angle gives a sense of immediacy. Put some grass and maybe a helmet or something like somone suggested to give a sense of scale. And just a fussy thing - the land where it's close to the camers loses detail. I'd suggest either putting a second landchunk there with a higher-res texture (and some grass to hide the seam) or a rock with a detailed texture. I'd also add a light right over the camera, set fairly faint, but enough to bring out the details. But that's me :) Very nice image - it tells the story very well :) good details in the second one

Schlabber ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 3:30 AM

ah - no problem TygerClub - those images are there to be used :o) and I don't care about mentioned or not (well, OK - would be good if so - but if not I won't jump from the next cliff) So ... you get 99% from here ?? Too bad - you miss a lot ...

TygerCub ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 5:15 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

file_31086.jpg

Here's a quick PRE postwork render of the first angle, so I haven't added grass and gore details yet. How's this one? Does the arm imply enough violence, or should I add a fallen weapon too?

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2002 at 2:45 PM

Yup the dead arm did the trick :P One of the few times when Poser's awkward wrist bend works :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.