Thu, Sep 19, 4:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: URL's please ?

magnetstudio ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 9:13 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:40 AM

Does anyone have any URLS where you can download mountain models ? I know they are eay to create, but they are hard to get right !! I am trying to recreate the Bryce 5 splash screen - it's hamazing !!

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 1:23 PM

the USGS site has some dem's I never used them, but I heard a lot of good things about them.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 1:26 PM

file_32069.jpg

Here's an greyscale to heightmap that was in my texture directory. I don't know where it originally came from, but it's at least one mountain model.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

BOOMER ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 2:13 PM

Hey Rayraz, do you think you think it's big enough? :)

Because I like to blow $%&# up.

Don't fear the night.  Fear what hunts at night.

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 2:54 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=248099&Start=1&Artist=Rayraz&ByArtist=Yes

Well you need at least some detail in a scene :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

clay ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 4:59 PM

Thanks for the compliment on the BR5 Splash Screen, I created the scene as a test when we were beta testing then Corel bought it from me and made the splash screen. The scene was made out of two terrains, the mainland, then one for the scattered rocks and one land material.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

magnetstudio ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 7:18 PM

Wow - very impressed it looks great, good composition and fantastic textures ! If you have any files I could play with ? :)

cshaftoe ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 8:29 PM

There's an old prog called 'Vistapro' that has about 5000 dems on board including maps of mars and venus....if you can find it... The Bryster

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 8:57 PM

Attached Link: http://www.annsartgallery.com/tutdem.html

I'll be adding some dem links to this tut tonight, hope it helps.

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 9:38 PM

file_32071.jpg

Oh, and here's a quickie with your terrain, Rayraz.

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 19 November 2002 at 1:54 AM

Cool.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Tue, 19 November 2002 at 3:25 AM

Dems are cool for replicating well known places like the Grand Canyon, Mt. Shasta etc. I find that I usually have to go to the edit pallette and resize them by pulling the top up because they come in quite flat for some reason.

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 19 November 2002 at 5:46 AM

cshaftoe, Ah, Vistapro - now that brings back memories! I think I've still got that on my HD somewhere . . . BTW the DEMS on Vistapro aren't the same as the U.S.G.S. uses now - they may have started out that way but U.S.G.S. seems to continually update the DEM format to the point of confusion. - TJ

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.