Sat, Sep 21, 12:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:04 pm)

Subject: Yann Hair in Poser 5

RedRowan ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 2:26 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:20 PM

I'm having problems with the Yann Hair Style by Neftis in Poser 5. Whenever I try to render a scene with the Yann Hair in it Poser just freezes on me and refuses to respond. I'm using the latest SR-2 beta on a dual 800mhz PIII machine with 1GB of memory. Anyone else experiencing similar problems? HJ

Niki ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 2:30 PM

yes I do, not with this hair but withj many scene with a lots of perssonages on it, if you pass some amout of memory, don't mater what you have in your computer, it frezz. :( Actual we realy stop using poser 5, is not working for some scenem and it neeed too much memory. We try with 2g ram same :( So I go back to c4d :o)

Velen ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 2:46 PM

Hi Hair and cloth are both very mem and cpu intencive. so the best thing to do with a slower or comp with limited mem is the folowing. 1: load figure set animation keyfraims up. 2: load hair. and only hair. set and run the sim. save the hair as a pz3 with sim. if useing dynamic cloth remove hair. run sim. reload hair run sim. things to check if you cant run the hair sim with nothing else but the character. check the number of Vers per hair. and the number of hairs. if these are set high like 100 verts per hair and 1500 hairs well 100 X 1500 is a lot of pollys to deal with and these seting need to be checked for each hair group. Depending on the size of the group and how curly the hair, denotes how many verts needed and how many hairs. bangs for instance 1 to 200 hairs is useualy pleanty. Vert 20 to 25 will give good results. you get the idea :) have Fun Laters Vel

MeInOhio ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 2:59 PM

I have this same hair. It works great in Poser 4 ProPack, but I cannot get it to render in Poser5. I think it says that it is loading the objects and that's where it stays. I've had just Mike and the hair and it still won't render. I don't think it will render even if I just had the hair. Too bad. This was my favorite hair for Mike. Kevin

martindj ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 5:29 PM

P5 under WinXP on 2.4GHz processor with 512M RAM - Yann Hair appears to freeze while adding objects, but is actually very busy. It continues and renders OK after 30 minutes or so (there are many, many objects to add!) I found I couldn't render a second time (within an hour) unless I closed P5 down and started it afresh. This problem may have disappeared with the latest SR2 beta, but I haven't had time to try it. In short, Yann hair works with 512Meg but you need to be very, very patient. David.

PabloS ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 5:57 PM

I don't have this hair but have seen this behavior in other geometry. Here's how I got it to work. Run the .obj file thru uvmapper AFTER you've made a backup copy. Just load and save. Nothing else. Then see if the hair loads in P5. Let me say this again MAKE A BACKUP FIRST.

kbade ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 7:21 PM

If that fails, I'd get in contact with neftis, who was involved in the development of the P5 hair models and would be in a position to find out what the problem is;-)

RedRowan ( ) posted Tue, 19 November 2002 at 1:44 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions people, shall try them out tonight and see what results I get. HJ

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.