Thu, Sep 19, 9:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Pernese dragons are finished

Aldaron ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 1:39 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:28 PM

file_31894.jpg

Whew, that was some work and I'm still not happy with some parts but it's good. Learned a lot about getting detail and some places could do with some improvement. Didn't come out as realistic as I'd hoped, will have to work on that too. :)

Top picture is just to show size relations and colors while the bottom shows more detail.

Each dragon is 10 MB and eats up quite a bit of RAM. The top render took 1:40:xx, most of which was normal AA. Should be interesting getting around 15 dragons in my render. :)

cshaftoe ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 7:01 AM

These are very good, but I think the dragons of Pern are thinner than these, at least according to the book covers. The Bryster

ttops ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 10:59 AM

Nice work Aldaron.

Aldaron ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 11:47 AM

cshaftoe, I used the "Dragonlovers guide to Pern" and the graphic novels as reference. They look a bit fat because of the pose, though the chest may be a bit too wide but that can be fixed if other poses show it is too wide.

lsstrout ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 9:35 PM

Terrific work Alderon! I never noticed they had claws on their wingtips. I'd like to see the 'whirling eyes' that McAffrey keeps talking about. :) 15 in one render? I think you will have to start it before you go on vacation. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Lin

Aldaron ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 9:59 PM

Well I managed the faceted eyes (though you can only see it in extreme close-ups) not sure how to go about getting the "whirling". The eyes glow too so you can see them in the dark :) Oh and everything is fully posable, from wings, eyelids, fingers ans toes, etc.

lsstrout ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 7:57 PM

Woo hoo! You da man! Lin

cshaftoe ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 8:14 PM

I wonder what Ann McAffrey would say to all this....? The Bryster

Aldaron ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 9:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=902021

To all of what? My making models and scenes of her creation. I've already asked and the answer was I can't post to the web. :( See my previous thread. But that doesn't mean I can't do it for myself though I was thinking of entering it for the challenge just not mentioning any names or book, etc. So technically only those that have read the books will know what it came from. If AgentSmith and the other mods think this is pushing the copyright issue I'll simply not enter it in the challenge and will send it to people who wish to look at it.

cshaftoe ( ) posted Tue, 19 November 2002 at 4:17 AM

Alderon: WOh Woh Woh!!! I was merely thinking that maybe she'd would like to see how others visualize her creations. She might have been flattered or even impressed......God knows she has enough fans out here.......... No offense implied of intended. The Bryster

Aldaron ( ) posted Tue, 19 November 2002 at 7:23 AM

Sorry, didn't mean to sound so defensive which I wasn't. I was trying to be informative. :) No offense taken. Just wasn't sure what you were getting at. :) But as you can see she is quite strict on ANY fan creations, just head on over the the official website to see that.

lsstrout ( ) posted Tue, 19 November 2002 at 11:49 AM

I suppose she has to protect her rights. I've had the opportunity to speak to a few people who have published, and from what I can gather, if you don't protect your rights pretty fiercely, it can become public domain and you lose your rights and consequently the ability to make a living from your own creations. Considering how hard it is to make money off of being creative, I can see why people get pretty strict. Lin ps Alderon, if you can't post it, put me down for a private viewing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.