Thu, Oct 3, 10:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 6:16 pm)

Subject: So I download and try to install Poser5SR2beta

Compdoctor ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 2:06 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 10:18 PM

And it tells me that I need to first reinstall poser 5? That it can't detect it? I have both poser 5 and poser pro, and when I ran sr1 it ask me which I wanted to upgrade, now I can't get teh sr25 to open:) Still more bugs?

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 2:21 AM

I bet you reinstalled Poser Pro after you installed Poser5, doing that changes something in the registry (not sure what)

Compdoctor ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 3:08 AM

Yes I did, but the sr1 took after that?

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 3:32 AM

hmmm looks like it's more complicated than that then :( did you use propack between sr1 & sr5? I had a look through my regsistry & found poser.exe pointing to Poser5, have a look at yours see which version it's pointing to. If it points to Propack change it to Poser5 then try the upgrade again, but backup your registry first :)

Philywebrider ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 5:06 AM

I had Poser4 installed then I installed Poser5, then I had a headache and a half from Poser5(I also have some jobs to complete) I installed propack over my Poser4 (and added sr3 upgrade, (wanted to use the p4 runtime)and installed Poser4only(with upgrade) again, so I now have P4only, P4&Propack, and P5. Is this going to be a Problem? Did I screw something up? The last I heard you could have all the programs set up and running on your HD.

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 6:13 AM

only for some people when it comes time to run a new beta for Poser5, all I've got installed now is poser5 not that I've had much time recently to even look at it :(

Mosca ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 8:03 AM

I'm getting a migraine just reading this...

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 9:06 AM

Wait for the next version of SR2, IMO.

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 9:10 AM

no live life on the edge like me ;) download all the patches, install them & start using poser without rebooting first.

whbos ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 9:15 AM

I recently downloaded and tried to install the latest beta release for Poser 5, and received the same error message--that it couldn't find Poser 5. I uninstalled and reinstalled Poser 5, and the patch installed just fine. I had reinstalled Poser 4 and Pro Pack after Poser 5 which was installed when I first got it. Rarely use Poser 5 because I don't have time to relearn it. I would suggest reinstalling it.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

Compdoctor ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 12:46 PM

Ok so I got to uninstall poser 5, then reinstall it so that the sr25 can find it. Interesting. Ok I can do that, if poser 5 takes my codes that were sent in my e-mail:) This is going to get interesting. By the way for those who are wondering, I do like Poser 5, I see a lot of possibilities with it. Just wish they would clear it up soon

rwilliams ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 6:13 PM

I had the same problem. I just reinstalled Poser 5 without uninstalling it first. It reinstalled flawlessly and never even asked for the registration information. Then I installed the service release and it worked.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.