Sat, Sep 21, 9:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: I need a fighting sound library

buijon ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 1:35 AM ยท edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 12:49 PM

I fugured id ask here since this forum is actually alive. Im making a 3d fight scene, so i need to find a big library of realistic/movie quality fighting sound effects... punching, kicking, missing, falling, all different sounds. Anyone know of anywhere i could find a large library like that?

atthisstage ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 2:05 AM

Try a Google search for "wav". I had a similar problem about a year ago when I was looking for stock music for a project, and it sent me to some huge frigging sound libraries.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 2:22 AM

Do you have a pc with a microphone? Keep it plugged in during holiday get togethers.

GizmoMkI ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 2:47 AM

If you play computer games, you might be able to lift some .wav files from them as well. I have a demo disk of Anarchy Online and it had a large library of sound effects .wav files. It's got punches, sword hits, people grunting and dying, and much more. I found similar .wav files in a demo of a game called Urban Chaos, although most of the voice grunts are a female character, but there are also some body drops and crashes.

MadYuri ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 3:52 AM
Tunames ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 7:04 AM

Try www.Posertrax.com

zechs ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 10:49 AM

Wow, Posertrax looks great. I've bought buy-out (Royalty free) music before from larger companies and PT looks to be a LOT cheaper and their actual product is better suited to what I wanna do! I'm gonna have to spend money again... DOH!

buijon ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 11:50 AM

hmmm thanks for those, i have the Urban Chaos sounds already, problem being theyll sound different (different quality) than other sounds i find. Im looking for a large library for continuity. The school i just graduated from had hundreds of sound effect cds, i was looking for something more like that, like a cd i could order from someone with 1000s of sounds...but not cheap bargain bin at Comp USA. And before you say to ask my school, they wont let me use the equipment anymore because i graduated.

zechs ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 1:21 PM

There are plenty, but they will cost you. Try doing a search on "The Hollywood edge." They have many SFX packages, some are reasonably priced some are quite expensive. They are the ones that Terrence Walker used in his "Understanding Chaos" video. (I don't own any of their stuff, but they sounded good in the video. :) ) I'm sure if you do a google search on "Royalty free sound effects" you will find plenty of options.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.