Sat, Sep 21, 12:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Tempest how did it go ?

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2000 at 8:02 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:59 AM

just wondering how the explosiion animation went. let me know Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Tempest ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2000 at 8:36 PM

It was terrible. I went to school, and they have a computer to tv hookup so I could display it on the tv there. Well as far as the animation goes, it was great, I got almost exactly what I was looking for, nice little explosions. So I go in hook it up, and play it. And low and behold that peice of crap that they dare call a computer chops it up so bad you can't even tell what is going on. So another day, another failure, ah well. I did get a lot of practice though and admit that I have greatly improved my Brycian skills. Thanks for all the help Hawkfyr. Tempest

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2000 at 8:48 PM

no problem glad to help, sorry bout the bad news. next time maybe render it smaller like set it to half the size. It sounds like they had a slow machine with a crappy video card . Hawkfyr

bonestructure ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2000 at 8:57 PM

Hawk, how did the experimenting you did go? Man that was deeper than I'd even dream of going

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2000 at 9:13 PM

I'm workin on it as we speak, I thought hey .I can grag the handles on the path to bend and shape it so I started a new one but this time the paths all extend from the center then the path arcs upward and then back down low. so the explosiion will follow a trejectory consistent with a real fireworks.( sort of an umbrella shape) the material will be bright at first. then fading and sparkling at the end. I got plans for this one Hawkfyr

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2000 at 9:16 PM

oh and I can twist the trejectory of the path and also a rotation of the material is how I Intend to get the sparkly effect Hawkfyr

bonestructure ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2000 at 9:55 PM

Oh that sounds really cool

Tempest ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2000 at 10:20 PM

sounds cool, I can't wait to see it

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2000 at 10:51 PM

It will be a while . i've been wanting to do another animation, so this is it. I did a waterfall animation that i really think came out well .I even added music to it (brought it into Poser believeit or not and re rendered it there with a music trak) anyway.it a HUGE file 124 megs. where could I upload such a file? Hawkfyr

Tempest ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2000 at 11:30 PM

um... well, um... I have know idea, wait, I have seen someone post a picture that was 500 megs, ill see what it was they did. At my school, we have an Intel factorie just across the street that suplies us with most of out computer equipment but swear to God they dig this shit out of they're basement and give it to us for publicity, and although I have nothing against Intel and I think some computer is better than no computer, I think they could be giving us better equipment. Tempest

bonestructure ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2000 at 11:40 PM

Do you live in Texas tempest?

Tempest ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2000 at 11:43 PM

nope Sunny, Ca. The birthplace of the computer. Tempest

bonestructure ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2000 at 11:49 PM

ah, my home. I'm homesick for crescent city. Moved to texas from Berkeley. Where are ya, round walnut creek?

Tempest ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2000 at 11:57 PM

well, im not exactl;y familiar with that area, letsa just say I live about 20 min from the capital.

bonestructure ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2000 at 12:03 AM

ah okay, I know that area. Been there. Walnut creek is the software capitol of the world I think. I asked about Texas because the main intel factory is here, in houston or somewhere. My home is Crescent City, about as far north on the coast as you can get. Bout ten minutes from the oregon border. I'm homesick as hell too. I miss my mountains and trees and ocean

Tempest ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2000 at 12:07 AM

poor guy, what are you doing in Texas? Tempest

bonestructure ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2000 at 12:37 AM

well, I moved here for a woman. the woman's long gone and yet, here I still am, and too poor to even leave the house let alone go home

adam ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2000 at 7:56 PM

=( . Sorry bone! California is great. Especially living in the bay area. Never too cold and never too hot. Sorry about the life in Texas, Bone. Hope everything is well besides that. Hope you come back up here soon and see the beach again beach.gif ! See you guys around, -Adam

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.