Sun, Oct 6, 12:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Odd problem with poses list

Silke ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 2:33 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:55 AM

My poses list bar has gone really narrow and half the time I can't read what the stuff is called because it's much narrower than the figures list. :( Any idea what is going on with it? I really don't want to reinstall poser to fix it... Thanks, Silke

Silke

troubleTO ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 4:12 PM

Hello .. I had this same problem and was told that Poser has a limit to how long the list can be. Basically meaning .. the longer the list, the narrower it is. I went into the Poses folder and reorginized it to make mine shorter and that seemed to solve it for me. It is still narrower then i would like, but it is readable now. Messing with some files in Poser can cause problems, so it might be best to have a good understanding of the file system before trying this. troubleTO

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 4:29 PM

The folowing was posted by Hogwarden, in a Rosity forum, I think it explaines your problem. "You will start to run into problems when you get to having more than 256 subfolders in any library folder... Then Poser will start to truncate the names, or load the files" incorrectly." Hogwarden has a utulity called PBooost, which may solve your problem, I havent used it myself, so can't comment furthre.

Greebo ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 4:36 PM

Poser starts truncating names long before you hit 256. You can move files in the pose folder, (which tends to be the one that gets filled the fastest), around without too much hassle, but PBoost is a great option. One of these days I really must invest in it.

SKondris ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 6:47 PM

Having installed over a thousand Pose folders easily while here at DAZ, we found that every library will start to do this the more folders you have installed. If I remember correctly, the Poses folder limit is @300, maybe 290-ish. If you can keep the # down closer to 100-150, you can see the names much better. I haven't tried PBoost yet either, but I've heard really good things about it. Anyways, just some useless Poser trivia. I've got tons, but I won't bore you all. ;) Steve K

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 11:57 PM

If you upgrade to Poser 5, you can organize folders within folders and then you don't have to go about sticking materials in your pose folder... until it overflows and you go on to fill up your camera and faces folder, too. :sheesh: I avoid MAT files unless they are really, really useful (Bloodsong's Eagle Expansion Kit proved such an exception), and so look with unmitigated horror at these MarketPlace items with 50 matfiles here and another 40 there... as though they are doing us a favor by clogging our arteries, er, directories. Whether you upgrade or whether you buy PBoost, nothing will help the clutter unless you organize yourself. If you do portraits, you might need 200 shades of lipstick available with a click of a mouse, but what if you're doing animation? So, my first suggestion is to think about where you want to go with your art, then survey what you have and what you want to acquire and determine how to best organize it. If you're scrolling down 200 names to find a file, you're spending more time digging than drawing, and that's no fun at all. Carolly

Spit ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 12:38 AM

Is it just folders? Is there a limit to the number of files inside 'em?

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 12:54 AM

Yes, there's a limit to the number of files inside them. The limit is 120. Which means, you can have 120 pz2, pp2, cr2, hr2, etc. in each folder PLUS 120 .rsr and .png files for each item - for a grand total of 360 items in each folder. Which is how I ended up with 4 different clothing folders for vicky PLUS shoes and accessories folders. Kate (who seems to learn a LOT of stuff about Poser the hard way g)

Spit ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 2:36 AM

Thanks, Kate. I have 130 cr2 files in one folder and 130 png but no rsr. So I guess that's still okay. At least nothing bad has happened yet. I try to keep them around 100 but that ain't easy. I was hoping i could go all the way to 255 or something (500+ with the png). :( Sheesh. I have around 120 folders in each: figures, cameras, faces, props, and poses. And I've been installing and organizing and weeding for the last two months. All those dern sales. LOL

Silke ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 4:10 PM

Thanks guys!! This really helped me a lot to understand what's going on. As for Poser 5.... umm. Yeah. When I can persuade someone to pay for it... yeah. lol. Hmm.... christmas is coming up.... Silke

Silke

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.