Thu, Oct 24, 5:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: First scan with a Epson 2450

azy ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 9:04 AM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 5:11 AM

file_32602.jpg

My old film scanner was a very cheap one, there was no detail in the shadows and skys came out grany. I was lent a rolliflex medum format camera but had no way of scanning the slide, so I brougt this flatbed scanner which does the lot 35mm neg and slides, 120 negs and slide plus 5"x4" This photo was the first one I took using the rolliflex 6x6cm Equipment: Rolliflex , 50mm lens, tripod, timer Film: 120 Velvia

Eggiwegs! I would like... to smash them!

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 1:24 PM

Looks like good detail. Lot bigger negative than 35mm, too. (your picture does look a bit tilted counter-clockwise, though). All the photos in my gallery listed as taken by a Canon T-90 are scanned slides or negatives (35mm). Done on HP 6350 (I think that's the model number). I consider the results "minimumly acceptable". Of course, there is the usual fun getting rid of dust and such...LOL

PhrankPower ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 6:22 PM

For under 200kb (forum limit) that sure has a lot of detail, and I'll bet the JPEG lost a lot of it too!

derick ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 11:14 AM

I've been wanting a medium format camera, unfortunately I need a quality printer. I hear Chuck, but I use compressed air to clean off the slide or neg. before I scan. Nice color and detail, expecting to see some good stuff.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.