Thu, Oct 24, 5:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: nice clear night for pictures of the sky...

phopreulimm ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 12:55 AM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 1:22 AM

file_32566.jpg

It's been raining steadily here for the past week. Now there's a clear sky and a nearly full moon. Yay! I couldn't resist taking a few pictures. Both images I did on 15 second shutter and simulated iso 50(because it's digital). So, whadyathink?

phopreulimm ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 12:55 AM

file_32567.jpg

number 2.

zhounder ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 1:29 AM

Very nice! Great Clouds. Where is here? Maybe its the angle but the mountain/rock/hll looks almost the same in both but the one has the trees... Curious... Magick Michael aka zhounder

phopreulimm ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 3:11 AM

Here, is in Hope on the wet(west)coast of bc,canada. The mountain is Mt. Hope, I have pictures of our town from the top (6026 ft) from a hike in summer. The shots were not taken in the exact same place. Opposite sides of my backyard, but same place in the sky.

starshuffler ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 4:47 AM

Ooooh nice pics, phopreulimm. I can see Orion's belt! :-D (*

PunkClown ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 6:18 AM

Alnitak, Alnilam, Mintaka...and if you turn your telescopes a few degrees towards the horizon ladies and gentlemen, you will be rewarded with the beautiful M42, or Orion Nebula, truly a wonderful sight...ahhh, must get outside at night again, instead of sitting in front of this silly computer!
Really nice phopreulimm, thanks for sharing! BTW, I see Orions belt upside down to the people in the northern hemisphere...it's given the nickname of "The Saucepan" down here...useless information byte #214335
:-)>

randyrives ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 6:33 AM

Love them. Great stuff!

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 7:13 AM

It's driving me crazy because I'm not sure if my monitor calibration is totally off....or everyone's else's is. The first image I see nothing but a couple of star specks... If I take it into PS and lighten it up it looks great beautiful image!....am I the only one seeing these images REALLY dark? The second isn't as bad, but still needed to be lightened a bit to view properly. Arghhh.....

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 7:23 AM

Well, the second one was brighter...but I had no problem at all with either one. I thought you made some adjustments during the message with the 15 zones on it, Michelle...? Otherwise, those are nice pics. I suppose color. I used to do some night time shots a lot with film and the longer the exposure, the more the color shift on the film. I wonder if using digital eliminates that problem.

bevchiron ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 1:01 PM

These are beautiful shots, I love that first one, it is dark but not too dark on my monitor.

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

phopreulimm ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 1:19 PM

file_32568.jpg

I adjusted brightness/contrast a bit. Hope this is better. I heard someone say that those controls are pretty much useless, but I don't know how to do it any other way. I didn't even notice Orion was up there until I had my pics on my computer and was looking at them, haha. Thanks for all the comments. :)

phopreulimm ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 1:20 PM

file_32569.jpg

This one didn't need as much I don't think...

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 2:03 PM

I went and adjusted my monitor gamma once more....properly this time... X fingers ... I hope .... Now everyone's images look good.....but alot of mine look all washed out now. Grrrr.....plus I'm not used to having such a bright monitor...it's rather disturbing...

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

cynlee ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 11:51 PM

both of these look great to me, & thanks for the astronomy lesson, use to love going to the planetarium...think I'll go outside now & check out some stars-

derick ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 11:41 AM

They all look awesome, and thanks for the astronomy lesson PC. Great shots it is giving me inspiration to go out tonight, BUURRRR maybe tomorrow.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.