Thu, Oct 24, 5:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Hmmm... Which one? Part 2

zhounder ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 9:55 AM ยท edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 10:00 PM

file_33048.jpg

This is the Ice House on my families property. Same Dilema as in part 1. Magick Michael aka zhounder

zhounder ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 9:58 AM

file_33049.jpg

Ice House again. MM zhounder

starshuffler ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 10:14 AM

You had me. Now I'm confused, too. LOL ;-) (*

derick ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 11:07 AM

I like the second one. The first one just seems too green. the second one (Blk.+ Wht.?) just has more of a color variation and feels more old timeish. like photos from the old west.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 11:17 AM

Well to make it even more difficult for you...I'm going to say I like the color version better. The lush greens of the grass, moss and brush just do it for me. It seems to lose something in the duotone version.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

cynlee ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 11:34 AM

I agree with Michelle on this one- i like how the house looks like it's becoming part of the greenery-

Caledonia ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 1:09 PM

My vote goes with the color. The green is so vibrant and makes the wood stand out. Nice shot

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 2:03 PM

I also like the green one. The color is what makes the pic in my opinion. Bsteph

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 2:51 PM

Yes, it's a tough queston. The item itself, the structure, begs for sepia tone...due to its age and the period of time sepia was used so much. Had it not been covered and surrounded with so much lush green, it would have been an easy choice. Like the building Michelle visited a few weeks ago. The bottom photo MIGHT be improved upon with a bit more contrast ('cause the roof and "green" seem too close to each other). But, I gotta go with the color..too much of a waste to "discard" that green. On a different note...I wonder about the cropping. It seems split in half. Not very good on this sort of thing, but something I read about "thirds" somewhere. So, I wonder if more foreground or less foreground would improve it any. hehe, but what do I know???? (well, besides how to run my mouth)

Alpha ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 5:39 PM

Again the sepia, but they are both very nice...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.