Thu, Oct 24, 5:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: what do you shoot with?

jacoggins ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 8:37 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 11:48 AM

just a thought... I know, it hurts when I think but here goes.... a question for everybody, what kind of camera do you use? If you have more than one, which one do you use the most? I'll start this ball rolling being as I asked... I currently use the Olympus C4040Z Digital... thanks, just curious... Jack

billglaw ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 9:52 PM

After being away from serious amateur for several years I bought a Nikon 880. By following the 'rules' I can get good 11 x 17 from Corel PhotoPaint 9 For Digital Cameras. Bill

Lapis ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 10:42 PM

Just bought a Nikon 5700 after using a Canon AE1 for many years. Digital is pretty neat.

zhounder ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2002 at 10:46 PM

I use the Sony DSC-F707 Digital. The cost effectiveness of doing all my "Darkroom" work in photoshop just makes it a perfect fit for me. It must work, I won the challenge both in September and October! Thanks again for all that voted for me and go vote for all the subissions for this motnh! Magick Michael aka zhounder

DHolman ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 3:03 AM

Canon EOS 630. Trying hard to save and pick up a EOS A2E or even a EOS 3 if I get lucky. Hope to move to digital SLR one day (Canon D60). -=>Donald

Hardwick ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 3:06 AM

Nikon D100 and a Nikon F90X Daniel

Lapis ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 3:21 AM

"Hope to move to digital SLR one day (Canon D60)." That's in my future too with oodles of glass. Lets hope the price drops abit by February/March.

Filmfan1966 ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 3:37 AM

Just bought an Olympus Camedia C-730 (digital); in earlier days I preferred reflex cameras (Revue) but the possibilities and the chance to save the costs of developing the pics finally made me turn to digital cameras. The C-730 is a very nice cam for nature and sports shots (10x optical zoom, 3x digital) and is really easy to use, so I frequently will post something here. :) Greets, Karsten

starshuffler ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 4:47 AM

A "riot proof" black box with the word "Pentax" on it. :-D

azy ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 5:06 AM

Manly a canon EOS 5, just got a Zeiss Ikon medium format camera (I will post results soon) and a Olympus Camedia 2500

Eggiwegs! I would like... to smash them!

Rork1973 ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 5:13 AM

Mainly my Nikon F4e....if the film scanners for medium format wouldn't be so much more expensive that 35mm ones, I'd buy a 6x7 camera as well (something 2nd hand)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 9:46 AM

Well, these days I'm preferring to shoot with my Nikon N90S and experimenting with all kinds of film. I've discovered that while I still love my Minolta Dimage 7 (digital)....it's limitations are not going to help me move into that next level that I want to attain.... In the professional realm there is still a preference for transparencies over anything else. While that is unfortunate, it's just the way it is.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 10:08 AM

I'm usin' an Olympus C-700UZ digital...kinda the Grand-dad to FILMFAN's C-730...same 10x zoom...mine is only 2.1 mp though!!! Great lil cam...except for them low light situations. For NOW it'll have to do!! L8r!

m6master ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 10:15 AM

im useing a cannon eos 3oo, work great for me, but im still an amature.

derick ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 11:21 AM

I use a Nikon, Nikkormat, it's older but I love the fact that's fully manual. It makes me feel like an artist. Having the possibilities of coming up with bad shots, makes me pay more attention to what I'm shotting. But there are all sorts of advantages and dissadvantages, cost all around is the biggest, but hell it shouldn't be. Don't limit yourself to price, it's only money and you can't take it with you so enjoy that hard work somehow.

Alpha ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 4:33 PM

I prefer to use my eyes, mind and instinct to create photographs. The rest is just tools. Oh and BTW... The glass is far more important than the body.

firestorm ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 5:25 PM

eos 300 as well

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

JordyArt ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 3:14 PM

In my job, a .35 Magnum, but I don't come cheap.... For photography, using my trusty Fuji FP4900 that I've had for just over a year. No complaints as such (Still!) and it's now been dropped a couple of times and survived happily. Mud ingress and impact on concrete flooring don't seem to faze it, so it can't be that bad..... although the quality is starting to get a bit 'old' in camera terms, it still does the business for my work. (",)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.