Wed, Sep 18, 3:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: November challenge entry - 'Flowers of fantasy'

derjimi ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 12:51 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 1:09 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=285633&Start=1&Artist=derjimi&ByArtist=Yes

file_33065.jpg

Hi, I hope this fits this month's challenge theme... In my Land Of Fantasy, flowers have elephant trunks and eat mice for breakfast. Sometimes when a mouse or any other small animal gets near the flower, it will be captured by the trunks and pulled into the plant. The trunks then close, kill and digest the poor victim by swallowing it deeper into the plant. I don't walk barefoot in my land of fantasy anymore. So often I was bit in the toe by these little beasts... ;-) Take care, Jimi

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 1:01 PM

Woa buddy! Great job.

ttops ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 1:57 PM

super looking plants.

ICMgraphics ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 3:33 PM

Glad I'm bigger than a mouse. Cool pic!!

cshaftoe ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 4:59 PM

I'm reminded of the sand worms of Frank Herbert's 'Dune' ......... The Bryster

Poppi ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 5:36 PM

cool fantasy. love 'em.

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 8:05 PM

Interesting model, does it do windows? reminds me of one of the sci fi channel commercials. Great idea.

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 25 November 2002 at 10:06 PM

derjimi, Not sure I like the idea of flowers eating mice, but nice pict anyway. ICM, Me too. cheers, - TJ

tjohn ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 6:25 AM

Don't worry, bikermouse, this variety "Copramus Pachydermis" or the Mouse-eating elephant plant only eats field mice. You may be thinking about "Copracyclemus Pachydermis".

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

derjimi ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 11:09 AM

:-) Thank you all for your nice comments. I'm happy you like it! And Tjohn is right - field mice are their usual meal. But if they are very hungry... who knows... ;-) I also like the trumpet sounds they make in the morning. :-) Greets, Jimi

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 1:23 PM

tjohn, I'm so embarassed - yes you're right. nothing to worry about unless derjimi is 50 feet tall. From the description, a 6 foot Martian Mouse is probably in no danger as long as derjimi feeds them. Jimi, You are feeding them aren't you , Jimi? Again nice model. Did you do it in Bryce or Your modeling application? either way Pretty good! - TJ

derjimi ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 1:42 PM

Oh... wait... to make one point clear: The Elephant is from DAZ3D, as written in the credits (see link to my gallery entry in the first posting). I modeled the flowers with this elephant. To be specific - with 42 of them. (42 is a special number, huh? ;-) ) -- Sometimes I feed them, sometimes they hunt their own lunch. I have to leave now - my neighbour is complaining - she's missing her little dog... probably he is only taking a walk on his own. ;-) Greets, Jimi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.