Fri, Sep 20, 4:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Link to my Poetry Pages

SAH ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 11:49 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 8:57 AM

Attached Link: http://home.attbi.com/~shessler1/poetry/poetry_introduction.htm

It's funny, but all the time I've been coming to this site, I've never noticed the Writer's Forum before! How long has it been up?

Just wanted to post a link to a web page I've had up for a while, including a few of my poems. Some have been published, some have not. I hope you stop by and browse around, and perhaps enjoy my words, mostly in free verse. Some of the poetry dates back to the 70's.

(And while there, I hope you stop by my Fractal Art Web Galleries!)

jstro ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 12:03 AM

You've got some very nice poems there. Thanks for sharing. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

SAH ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 12:07 AM

Thought I'd post one here, just to whet your appetite...

"Lightning Bugs"

Warm springtime dusk-- Just right
for barefoot-running through
the back-yard grass so cool
and tickly; fresh and nice--
The flashes happen suddenly,
hidden at the corner of an
unsuspecting eye--
Now stop! Stand still;
don't breathe or blink,
for they may see and fly,
unseen, away!
Now over there! Up in the trees!
As night sneaks up to cool the breeze;
a Flash! and Flash!
Before you know you're darting
here and there across
the night-dark grassy lawn,
hands snatching at
a million zillion flecks
of winking yellow light--
You reach, and catch!
Your Mason jar is full
of blinking midnight
magic-lantern fire!
So, giggling, off you go to bed--
You keep your jar safe by your head--
You drowse to sleep, and smiling, dream
of whirring through the night on wings of
sprinkly, starry, winking, twinkly light.

COPYRIGHT 2001-2002 STEVEN A. HESSLER
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 7:41 AM

I liked "The Drummer" a bit better than most I looked at. I looked at about 7 or 8. But, that's my defect...most here who know me know I prefer poetry that rhymes...LOL. Your fractal stuff looks quite a bit unique for what I'm used to seeing in the fractal galleries, too. More pastel, I think. Oh, and one more thing...I graduated in 69. It appears you might have, too. Message671414.jpg

jstro ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 9:00 AM

Attached Link: http://www.mathsong.com/

Cool. That's one of them that I read. Lightning bugs hold a special place in my memories and I really liked it. If you are into fractal art, I wonder if you've ever seen this site, mathsong.com. It is the page of a very good friend of mine. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

SAH ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 8:20 PM

All points covered--
-I graduated in '73.
-I chose pastels for my fractals to irritate a fellow fractalist who stated a dislike for pastels in fractels. It's part personal joke, and part personal preference, since I DO like pastels. (But don't tell him...)
-We all prefer what we prefer when it comes to things literary and artistic. That is not to say one form is inferior or superior to the other-- I understand personal preference well. We are who we are.
-Thanks for the turnon to mathsong.com. It's a great place with a lot of unique artistic works. It will take days to browse it all!

tjames ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 11:45 PM

Welome Steve good stuff please see my post on where you can find gallery space for your writing at Rendie. I hope you'll join in some of the poetry challenges.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.