Sat, Sep 21, 6:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Computer hangs when rendering

dave3 ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 6:31 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:10 PM

Hi -- I'm on a Mac G3, OSX, Carrara 2. I've got a file that I'm trying to render out as a quicktime movie using the global illumination renderer, caustics on but without indirect lighting enabled. It rendered earlier when I was testing it, but now that I've finished it, it doesn't seem to want to work. When I try to render, it renders the first frame fine, but then as it's loading the sample illumination for frame two, as soon as the status bar hits about 80% (sometimes 79.9%, sometimes 80%), the computer just hangs and I have to restart. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? I'd appreciate any help!

brycetech ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 5:46 AM

just a guess... memory

bluetone ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 8:27 AM

I would guess memory too. How much do you have? Also, does the scene render fine without caustics enabled? And, finally, do you have the new patch? If not, download it, reinstall Carrara from the disk, then install the patch. C under OSX has problems, but the patch should help considerably. Good luck!

dave3 ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 3:43 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys -- I guess my file got corrupted somehow. I copied all the objects into a new file, reset the scene settings and it apparently renders fine now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.