Sat, Sep 21, 3:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: new to poser

wraith101 ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 4:32 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:38 AM

I just got this program a few days ago and I need some pointers on where to find some tutorials. Also I need to know where/how to get new characters, poses, hair styles. etc.

I'm in to FF8 characters so if you have any good links or good downloads that i could get my hands on then please post them.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 4:44 PM

Welcome aboard.

• points toward the top of the page *

Links to tutorials and Free Stuff (characters, poses, hair, etc.) are next to the Renderosity banner.

Kozaburo's Digital Babes and MayaX's StudioMaya have plenty of free, high-quality, transmapped hairstyles.

I don't know of any FF8 characters for Poser, but Jon Malis has some FF7 characters at AniMotions.com and Posergamers.

You can also find plenty of fine items for Poser here in Renderosity's Marketplace, DAZ 3D, and other online stores.

leather-guy ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 4:48 PM

Hi! Welcome to the Poser Community & welcome to the Renderosity Poser Forum! If I might be allowed to make a suggestion; (this is exerpted from a post I made to another newcomer recently who was looking for info) Look at the top of this page,there's a link called tutorials. Click that. Most of the tutorials you'll see have something to do with Poser. Scroll to the bottom-right corner of this page, you'll see a column of links headed "Poser Top 15". Click on any of them. Look for tutorials on each site. Look for links to other poser sites, look for tutorials on these. A lot of poser sites may not have Tutorials. Many, Many, many do. Look for Poser Arcana, Look for ShadowCat's site, Look for Morphworld, Etc., etc, etc . . . I could go on typing sites with tutorials all day, but I can't give you any better suggestions than to just start here, then go clicking around the Poser Webbring. That's how I learned most of what I know. Same for many others you'll hear from here. Go to Curious Labs' (publishers of Poser) site & poke around. Go to DAZ.com & poke around. Before you know it, you can be a poser expert, & make a contribution to the poser community, like many of the artists and enthusiasts that contribute & maintain this site. There's a tremendous feast awaiting you, dig in! Happy Rendering! leather-guy

quixote ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 4:53 PM

Hi and welcome. First, it's a good idea to give the Poser version you're using in such posts. Poser5 and Poser4 tutoria are quite different. A good place to start is the Poser Forum FAQ. You'll find a link at the top of the Poser Forum main page. A good place to find characters is right here in free stuff, or the market place. You'll also fing models and Characters at: Daz3d.com ; RuntimeDNA.com ; PoserWorld and many, many more places that you'll find in the links section on the right of this page...way down there. You'll find tutoria there as well, within these great sites. What sort of tutorials are you looking for? What do you want to tackle first? That's a question you'll have to ask yourself. As for the FF8 characters... Don't know what that is...I'm old. Somebody else (read a whippersnapper) will come along and help. Just wait. You'll see...) Good luck, Q

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

quixote ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 4:54 PM

Sorry for the cross-post you whippersnappers you...

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 6:43 PM

Welcome to a wonderful world....you are going to have a blast...Sharen

queri ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 7:31 PM

Ron Knights tutorials are back on line at ronknights.com They are simple, easy to follow for the beginner and will get you started right. The Free Stuff is awesome, here, at Runtime Dna, and 3d Commune. If you are going to stick to Poser 4 standard for awhile-- Ron's tutues go through what all the characters are-- then think about Poser World -- check google--as a beginning subscription place, it has hundreds of clothing and sets for Posette and Dork, as well as a lot for the Mil figures and is very, very reasonable for the price. Emily

SRAM ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2002 at 9:00 PM

told ya :)

Work It Harder. Make It Better. Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger. More than ever, hour after hour. Our work is never over. - Daft Punk

runnerma ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2002 at 11:02 AM

I'm a new one too. (I still haven't receive the program), but like leather-guy told you I have already "poke around" the sites that mentioned and I have learn a lot of things(or think so :-)). I have allready download a lot of tutorials and a lot of free stuff(about 500mb zipped). I organized my runtime library and I ordered a copy of Victoria from DAZ..I cant wait the time for the program to come :) I think its a wonderful world here in Renderosity.

Runnerma

P.s. What FF8 stands for?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2002 at 8:07 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.